200 whp b16a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

narcman b16a

Hi all, I have a 93 SiR (b16a). Sri Lanka is not known to be a tuners hub or a country specializing in engines or parts, so we just make do with whatever resources we have. My car has undergone a few surgeries to make it close in on mid 14 seconds quarter mile. It's probably pushing close to 175 bhp and would love to reach the 200 barrier. I've done all the basic mods, Intake, Exhaust, ECU, SiR 2 cams, P&P Head, Intake Manifold, Bored the TB and the IM. My next stage is CTR clutch/ pressure plate and 4-1 exhaust manifold. Budget constraints is always an issue and was wondering if there is something I'm missing out on. Any simple mods to make this a possibility?

313294_10150370376792550_506242549_8506145_403816587_n.jpg

12:1 or so compression, upgraded valve springs & retainers, much more aggressive cams, a GOOD header, larger injectors, and a dyno tune are needed.

Water/ Meth injection with the Hi comp pistons would give u some what of a gain... or a NOS set up if you wish to go that route

Thanx 99sidude, That was all in my head except for the larger injectors. NOS is not allowed in competitions. We only get to use aviation fuel and Toluene.

What about water meth? It's very cost efective

What are your 60ft times?

I would think you would be low mid 14's as you sit.

You could always put a B18B (LS) bottom end in there.
That would bump up compression and get you around the 200whp mark.
But you should put P30 pistons in it and (at least) shot peen the rods
Along with new bearings and ARP rod bolts/head studs.

love that pic. Car looks great. like Si said i would go with a higher CR. 12:1. With a Higher CR cams, valves, springs and retainers are needed to complete that mod. with a mild port and polish and tuned with new CR, you will be 200 plus. water meth leaves carbon or some sort of residue that can build up in valves and head. You can always stay at a lower CR and boost that hatch if allowed in comp.(sorry if i missed that). With the right set-up a boosted b-seires can take you well over the 200 mark.

Back