2000 b18b to b18c swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmdc

I've searched up on a bunch of different sites, and i've collected a bunch of info. I figured this would be the best place to ask this question.

I have a 2000 dc integra with a obd2b b18b. I am putting a jdm 97 b18c gsr in it, and its obd2a. I already have the obd2b to obd2a jumper harness for the p72 ecu. How hard will the wiring of this swap be? I've done numerous engine swaps, but all of them were plug and play. How many vtec wires does the jdm b18c have? I know some jdm engines have only 1 or 2 vtec wires (im not sure if this goes for this engine) while usdm gsr's have the knock, vtec pressure, and etc. Also will i have to mess with the IACV? Any information on this swap would be great!!! i apprecite it guys.

Last edited:
The engine should plug right in, just run the wires for vtec and knock to the right locations on the shock tower plugs
jdm, usdm are all the same, 1 wire for vtec sol and 2 for vtec switch, 1 shielded wire for knock
iacv could go either way, some require wiring changes, some do not, there is no way to tell until you hook it all up.

Back