2006 National HondaSwap meet.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bah, it takes 3 days to get here. ask ji.

point the q-ship and go :p

Maybe if you're a crazy bastard with solid fuel rockets on your car and don't stop to eat/sleep/pee

If it were held in Chicago I'd be all for it. :D It is more or less in the middle of the country, would make it easier for west coasters to show up...

We've also got Chicago Indoor Racing, not you average little 'hey yall lets go drives us some go karts', they stress professionalism in both racing and their presentation. In-house bar and grill, with pool tables and a full arcade, meetings rooms, and a banquet hall, they can support gatherings of 500 or more.

baroverlookingtrack.jpg

lockerroom.jpg

gameroom.jpg

tracktwoviewone.jpg

poolroomandgames.jpg

Plus we've got Joliet Route 66 Raceway not 45 minutes from there, one of the largest and most modern drag strips in the country.

mvc-045l.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 28 2005, 02:30 PM-->
I dunno about that, from the F1 Boston site, the places look almost identical. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 28 2005, 02:30 PM
autox/road course > drag

While not as close, we've got plenty of road courses in the area as well.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 28 2005, 02:30 PM
ne > chicago.

Chicago's got the NE beat! Sears tower, slightly better weather, the Cubs, and lots more!

pissedoffsol
@Jun 28 2005, 02:30 PM
if we go to chicago, half of our cars will be stolen.
[post=517516]Quoted post[/post]​

....damn.

:lol:

that would be cool. but seeing as i am as far as i can possibly be from NE and still be in the continental US, it would be hard. ehh who knows what could happen in a year. one Q: Is there gonna be any alcohol?

My only option is to drive out here from Cali. What kind of fun is the meet if I can't drive my car along with you guys? When the time comes around, we might have all different cars and be in different locations. I'm for sure gonna still be in Cali so when the date is set, all of us Cali peeps need to get together and drive out there.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 28 2005, 12:39 PM
I take it by the title this would be some time in '06? Whenabouts, like in the summer? I'd be down if it was in the summer, that would give me plenty of time to save money/plan days off for it. Plus, I think the g/f would enjoy actually leaving the state for once. lol

EDIT: Holy shit, I just looked up airfare and it's like 650 per person on travelocity! Of course this is july 4th weekend. I'll have to see if the rates are significantly better late in the summer. If they're not drastically lower, I'm out. It would be fun, but I'm not made of money. :(
[post=517396]Quoted post[/post]​

When booking airfare, always check your one-way AND round trip options. Sometimes they'll rape you by 2x as much on one way or other times you can take a smaller airline, SEE; Hooters Air :D for $99 one way and pick up a last minute flight out of town to save some money.

Also look where you're flying to and from. Major airports are going to be cheaper. If you grab a single flight to a small airport then its going to be price gouging at best. Its like $545 to go roundtrip to Montana from New Jersey whereas its further from NJ to Cali but I can go there for about half the price if I fly into LA or somewhere.

Ack. You were right, B. I could make it in 3 days but that's with about 56 hours of drive time. Not to mention with the mileage in the Q-ship I'd be out almost as much as two round-trip plane tickets.

EDIT: New2: I priced it from Portland (largest airport in the state) to New Haven, which is my best and cheapest option.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 28 2005, 06:19 PM
Ack. You were right, B. I could make it in 3 days but that's with about 56 hours of drive time. Not to mention with the mileage in the Q-ship I'd be out almost as much as two round-trip plane tickets.

EDIT: New2: I priced it from Portland (largest airport in the state) to New Haven, which is my best and cheapest option.
[post=517600]Quoted post[/post]​

You should be able to find rates half of what you saw.

Try flying to JFK and driving the rest of the way to NE or try different online sites other than travelocity.

HEY............. where is NE area...?

I know I su**....who cares..I want to know where the Heck is New England area.

Originally posted by Estorvito@Jun 28 2005, 05:28 PM
HEY.............  where is NE area...?

[post=517605]Quoted post[/post]​

new england is east of you :lol:

Originally posted by ripperbone+Jun 28 2005, 07:31 PM-->
Estorvito
@Jun 28 2005, 05:28 PM
HEY.............   where is NE area...?

[post=517607]Quoted post[/post]​

OHIO?

I dunno.....bahahahaa....
O well either way..Im down.... :lol:

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jun 28 2005, 05:17 PM
My only option is to drive out here from Cali. What kind of fun is the meet if I can't drive my car along with you guys? When the time comes around, we might have all different cars and be in different locations. I'm for sure gonna still be in Cali so when the date is set, all of us Cali peeps need to get together and drive out there.
[post=517598]Quoted post[/post]​

I would be up for hanging out with the guys from cali. the guys from the west coast can meet up here in colorado and we can head out from here, then meet up with the guys from texas in st. louis. :driver:

Originally posted by Estorvito+Jun 28 2005, 05:37 PM-->
Originally posted by ripperbone@Jun 28 2005, 07:31 PM
Estorvito
@Jun 28 2005, 05:28 PM
HEY.............   where is NE area...?

[post=517607]Quoted post[/post]​

OHIO?

I dunno.....bahahahaa....
O well either way..Im down.... :lol:
[post=517613]Quoted post[/post]​

ohio is west of you :slap:
new england is on the coast northeast of new york city

Originally posted by Estorvito@Jun 28 2005, 06:28 PM
HEY............. where is NE area...?

Sarcasm?

Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine, Massatwoshits.

New-England-Map.gif

I'm in the Tri-State area.

No NE isn't the god damn tri-state area, if thats what you're thinking.

New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania.

I'm about 3 hours away from you guys, but if I went I have a feeling I would start quite the ruckus.

Back