2007 North East Street Car Challenge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, I can go along with that. Lemme sit on it for a few hours.

i figure thats pretty much how the magazines do it... if that method seems to be cool with everyone i can get more detailed on it and clean it up a bit

only remaining factor is how to determine a winner in the event of a tie

My suspension is about $2500 away from being able to handle Limerock.

I'll see what I can pull out of my ass. Maybe just the sprindle swap and wide tires. Suspension is tight now, but I've had a hard time getting anything out of these 13" bullshit department store tires.

In order for me to swap the wheels, I'll have to stick with a 4x104 wheel, and my choices are very limited. I wanted to swap over to the S-10 dropped spindles and rear axle shafts, to give me 5x pattern, and THEN pick up a broader range of wheels. Swapping out the entire rear axle seems easier - but I have to find some sort of rare S10 2wd model with LSD (They exist, but god knows where).

Project necessity: Keep all original parts in OEM shape for restoration. So I'm not butchering my LSD axle for this.

So the rear alone, out of the box.. what... $900 ? Eek. Then $150 each for front spindles, new rotors and calipers, new springs and struts - .. Yeah, about $2500.

The brakes in the car now glow red when I'm stopping at the end of my driveway for god's sake.

Steve... This one's for you...
benchracingflagsrust6.jpg

It's all anyone here does. They hear "Vega" and read "came with 110 hp" and start razzing on me. The original intent of the challenge was to get away from the bench shit.

Drink your coffee and follow along, slacker

I'm not drinking coffee today...
penguin-mints-peppermints.gif

Penguin Peppermints are my caffeine of choice today... :)

And post dyno charts or BS. :)

i'm so confused i dont know what i want... Now i'm debating a '90 CRX Si and making it a ZC Turbo Track car... :(

I LOFE my penguin peppermints... and usually when I place an order they send free penguin gum too!!

3 mints = 1 can of soda worth of caffeine. Each tin = about 80 mints... 1 tin lasts me about 3 weeks... a guy i work with... he goes through 2 tins a week... but he's a programmer... they run on caffeine alone... lol

caffiene almost ruined my life. gave that shit up and lost weight. i love getting a slight headache only once every few months, or if i hit my head on something.

if you're actually waiting for Steve to finish his car up (ie: 6 months from now)...I'll do this in a heartbeat

I suppose it's crucial that I participate. I just bought a damned house now, and it goes without saying that my priorities for the next 6 months have been altered.

Back