2013 motortrend car of the year is...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

love it love it love it. its really gorgeous in person. the fit and finish on the tesla cars is top notch.

had a chance to drive the roadster awhile back when an IT buddy had a friend of a friend. the acceleration is amazing and its retarded quiet.

Not a fan

I need to hear a motor to feel connected to the car

I would imagine driving this would feel a lot like playing a video game w/the sound off...no feedback

I would imagine driving this would feel a lot like playing a video game w/the sound off...no feedback

A video game with 402hp and 306 torque right off the line at 0 rpm. A deaf person can appreciate a great car... We're just all about to lose our hearing. :)

My only concern is apartment dwellers like myself... Where the heck do I plug it in? Every parking lot, garage, and meter needs to tie into the grid over the next few years/decades.

Last edited:
I want to drive one before I come up with an opinion.

There are some in the mall next to my work. Might have to do some more ogling.

If you still live in an apartment, you should be spending 100 grand on a house, not a car. Just sayin'

If you still live in an apartment, you should be spending 100 grand on a house, not a car. Just sayin'

:werd:

We're about to start looking at our mortgage options, actually!

All-electrics are getting cheaper and cheaper though. The Nissan Leafs of the world will be in the hands of lots of apartment people very soon.

For $90k, 402hp doesnt get me excited....

Here's your drivetrain, looks like tons of fun:

Tesla-ModelS-motor.jpg

Exhaust note, turbo's, superchargers, gear drives....the noise is part of the experience

I can usually go 8 out of 10 in the parking lot stater game, i can pick out a Ford/Chevy/Dodge diesel just hearing the idle, there's nothing like the sound of a good motor

The range doesn't impress me much. 160-300 miles of range traveling 55mph. I'd like to see what these numbers look like at 75 mph, or on a hot day in a traffic jam, AC running. Who the hell drives 55mph?

The range doesn't impress me much. 160-300 miles of range traveling 55mph. I'd like to see what these numbers look like at 75 mph, or on a hot day in a traffic jam, AC running. Who the hell drives 55mph?

I know a guy at work who has one. He drives about 80 miles a day, and most of it is faster than 85mph on the highway.

He said he could go three days without charging it, without changing the way he drives.

This usually means good things... :popcorn:

those velosters are all over the place where i live... and most of them surprisingly are being driven by old people. geezers... and the turbo ones i see are the only one i see young people driving around in em.

Back