2016 HS Meet - Pikes Peak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This $300 weekend won't affect your house buying one bit. lol

Also, i'm bumped up to 90%. I just found out the in-laws will be visiting from Ohio that weekend. lol
I'll figure out if I'm going in April. Right now moving up to 60%. I'll bum rides from you and crash on your floor, or go to the bathroom in the middle of the night just in case there is another visitor.

I'll figure out if I'm going in April. Right now moving up to 60%. I'll bum rides from you and crash on your floor, or go to the bathroom in the middle of the night just in case there is another visitor.
BAHAHAHA!!!

(this is an inside joke we'll share while drinking to celebrate race day)

post story or ban

Ugh, ok. I'll give you guys the short version.

I went out with Jordon one night and we got shitfaced drunk. I texted this girl I was dating for a late night booty call and she decided to come over. Problem is, I have a studio apartment with no separate bedroom. I told Jordon, "just go in the bathroom and hang out, it won't take that long. Or maybe just put up the room divider, just stay over there and play Call of Duty or something".

I ended up blacking out with Jordon sleeping on the couch. The girl took a cab over to my place and I missed about 10 calls and texts before she decided to go home.

Ugh, ok. I'll give you guys the short version.

I went out with Jordon one night and we got shitfaced drunk. I texted this girl I was dating for a late night booty call and she decided to come over. Problem is, I have a studio apartment with no separate bedroom. I told Jordon, "just go in the bathroom and hang out, it won't take that long. Or maybe just put up the room divider, just stay over there and play Call of Duty or something".

I ended up blacking out with Jordon sleeping on the couch. The girl took a cab over to my place and I missed about 10 calls and texts before she decided to go home.

The one time we discussed me going into the bathroom because the chick was headed over at 3am, I was sober enough to hail a cab and go home. Why do I remember this? I met the girl in the parking garage on my way out. She gave me a hug. Odd thing to do... Also you might have texted me a play by play later on. The next day you drove my car over to my house.

Last edited:
The one time we discussed me going into the bathroom because the chick was headed over at 3am, I was sober enough to hail a cab and go home. Why do I remember this? I met the girl in the parking garage on my way out. She gave me a hug. Odd thing to do... Also you might have texted me a play by play later on. The next day you drove my car over to my house.

holy shit, i just mixed two awful stories together. Those were separate events. :lmao:

Last edited:
I was literally just there. I highly suggest Manitou Brewing Company and their tacos. It's a hipster hell hole, but the beer is good and the food is amazing.

Unfortunately due to a project at work I won't be able to come out. :(

Those hipsters have sure improved our food and brew over the years. Foodies and drunks. I dig.

Can confirm. Was there for a wedding 2 weekends ago, felt just like college
I was literally just there. I highly suggest Manitou Brewing Company and their tacos. It's a hipster hell hole, but the beer is good and the food is amazing.

Unfortunately due to a project at work I won't be able to come out. :(

Am I reading this right? Both of you assholes were in Seattle? And we didn't get a call? Wtf

Am I reading this right? Both of you assholes were in Seattle? And we didn't get a call? Wtf
The thought definitely crossed my mind but I flew in for the wedding, went to the courthouse and watched it go down, got drunk, woke up the next morning and flew out lol

I'll be there sometime later this year for a week. I'll give you all a shout

My cousin lives in downtown Denver. Was recently out there for a visit and went up to Breckenridge early in the morning after I got there (read: before I got acclimated to the altitude change.) On the way up the mountain I thought I was just really tired but soon realized I was in real danger of passing out in the back seat for lack of oxygen. Fun times. Haha About 4 hours at 10k feet later I could finally breathe normally again.

Moral of the story, give yourself time in the city before you head up and drink plenty of water. Not everyone gets used to it as quickly.

Anyway, I'd be down for another CO visit and Id love to see Pikes Peak. Ill see what I can do.

bump for updates. going to try and book today or tomorrow. What's the schedule for being "on site" or meeting at the hotel? Meaning, which days should I reserve? I'm not sure if I should rent a car or not. If someone gets a car, I'll split the cost for those days. I'll just request a pickup from the airport. lol

This is the flight i'm watching. i'ts dropped 80 bucks recently. Wondering when the best time to book is. lol Gonna wait it out a few more weeks to see what happens.

I'm staying the first night at my Aunt's place in Thornton (north west of Denver a bit).
If you fly in Thurs around noon or so, i can pick you up from the airport and we can drive down to CS from there (about 1.5 hours). Plan to book thurs to monday nights at the hotel. was going to spend the day monday doing some touristy nonsense or something. Sleep in, check out, and drive back to the airport tuesday around lunch time (130 to 3 driving? return the car and check in at the apt.) and wait for my dinner time flight home.
Monday flights were expensive and inconvienient so i figure screw it, stay an extra day and see some stuff and avoid the crowded flights.

Outbound flight
Wed, Jun 22
UA.png

8:00 am – 10:13 am
Hartford (BDL) – Denver (DEN)
United 1886 · Economy Class · Airbus A319
Average legroom (30")
4h 13m

Return flight
Tue, Jun 28
UA.png

5:50 pm – 11:32 pm
Denver (DEN) – Hartford (BDL)
United 1887 · Economy Class · Airbus A319
Average legroom (30")
3h 42m

I haven't called to book a room yet. Need to do that still too. If you call tell them to reserve one in my name too, or split a double room, i don't care. it will make the Eiffel tower easier anyway :X

can we try to make this an annual thing? im sure the first year not a whole lot of people will be able to make it, but after that people (me) will be able to save/plan better.

Back