3rd Gen Gsr (b18c) In 2nd Gen Integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aicoomer

i want to drop a gsr motor in my 2nd gen (bar headlight) integra. the gsr's came w/ a hydro activated clutch and my tranny has a cable activated clutch....so i'd have to keep my tranny. I'm not going to use the goofy gsr intake manifold.... cause i dont really want to worry about fitment problems, and i have a skunk2 already. I know i'll need an obd-1 vtec ecu....my car is a 93 so its already obd....that makes things a little easier. all my question is, Will a gsr b18c motor hook up to a cable activated YS1?? and will the motor drop in or will i need a urethane cradle?? someone get back to me if you all know the answer

You can use your stock mounts. The tranny will bolt to you LS YS1, but the gears will be really long. You should get a GSR YS1 or a Y1 or S1 cable tranny from a B16, those gears would be better for that engine. You should only need to add wires for VTEC and the knock sensor. Then you should be good to go.

Back