4th gen tranny swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blakwolf9666

Ok i have a 1990 Accord LX. what im trying to find out is what exactly would i need to do a auto to standard tranny swap other then the obvious things and if there is a write up on it (all im finding is h22 swaps). do you need specific trannys like is there an lx or ex tranny and i know i cant get the vtech due to the non vtech block. any help would be awsome

That article looks like a decent walk-through. I don't understand where you're getting the idea that VTEC has anything to do with the transmission or that a gearbox from a car with VTEC wouldn't work on your non-VTEC engine...

ok what about the ecu what kind of ecu would i need to get just one out of a standerd vehicle or what ecu number would i get if i wanted to get a chiped ecu from like hondata or something?

are the f22 ecu's even chipable or would i have to get another ecu and if so witch one would be good??

If you just want the car to run then get a manual transmission F22 ECU and you should be fine. The Accord ECUs aren't the best for tuning though. If you want to chip it then I'd recommend something like a P28 (92-95 Civic EX ECU)...

yeah cause i might boost it later on just trying to switch every thing over right now but thanks man

would it matter if the ecu is for vtec or no because ive been looking for a p28 but all i find are for vtec and i dont have a vtec

would it matter if the ecu is for vtec or no because ive been looking for a p28 but all i find are for vtec and i dont have a vtec

Well if you're going to use the Civic ECU now then you'd need to get it chipped now. Otherwise, just get the manual Accord ECU...

ok well im still wondering though even if i just get the manual ecu for the f22 does it matter if its a lx or ex and does it matter if its for vtec or not

and i have another question but about the tranny mount ive been reading around and ive read different things like for one is all i have to do is change the tranny mount out for the manual one and others say i need to change the mount and the bracket(if i have to change the bracket do they mean the one welded to the car?], then i read the front dogbone mount needs to be changed as well (not sure why its bolted to the block not the tranny) and the rear as well though i dont think that one is a MUST its just harder to run the shifter cables suposedly... any input anyone?

Back