78 Chevy Project (56k No Way)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
Just got her the other night. Paid 750 for her.
Someone spent the time in her before I got her. They went out and got new carpet and insulation, decent interior parts, headers, full dual exhaust, supposedly rebuilt the transmission, and its lowered. The only down fall, they didnt finish the project, needs a wire harness, didnt protect the wood bed so its starting to rot, and didnt take out the moisture before paint. So now rust is bubbling out of the paint. the worst of the rust is on the fire wall, tomrrow I'm pulling off the fenders and engine, then curing the rust out, sealing it, then fiberglassing the firewall up. Like the title says. Project

newtruck.jpg

SANY1307.jpg

SANY1308.jpg

SANY1310.jpg

SANY1309.jpg

nice truck. What are you doing for rims? The dash and door panels need to go.

those trucks do look good laid down. you shud get rid of the step side bed tho those are so ugly. and keep the tweed interior it looks good kinda retro lookin.
the carb you should look at is a 650 truck avenger its from edlebrock its nice

Its been awhile since an update or any pics have been added. but here it is.

SANY1318.jpg

SANY1319.jpg

SANY1321.jpg

SANY1322.jpg

SANY1323.jpg

SANY1324.jpg

SANY1329.jpg

SANY1443.jpg

SANY1444.jpg

SANY1445.jpg

SANY1446.jpg

SANY1447.jpg

SANY1448.jpg

SANY1449.jpg

I need to clean it up some though. some sanding, bondo work, and paint.

Last edited:
Wow, I was digging the nice clean shell, but that is some freaking terrible rot underneath. You should look into getting a new cab from the junk yard. Probably only cost you 3-400 at a pick and pull if you wanted to do all the work.

IF you can even find that truck alone. Most junk yards no longer carry these old ass trucks. So, other than LMC and a couple extremely lucky finds, parts dont come in to storage as well as a honda.

If you have the money i would do a 351C build.. The 351c sounds the meanest out of all the small blocks imo long live ford... But a 400SB is a nice platform for the money. Are you gonna run N/a or super charger?

If you have the money i would do a 351C build.. The 351c sounds the meanest out of all the small blocks imo long live ford... But a 400SB is a nice platform for the money. Are you gonna run N/a or super charger?

N/A Basic DD with light mods.

I plan to do 2 inch drop spindles, and flip the rear end and drop it down to level with the front. Just a standard old school static drop.

those trucks look good laid out especially with the square style of the body. and why would you put a farkin ford motor in a bowtie like that its just horrible havnet you noticed alot of streetroders put chevy motors in there ford cars..
lookin good man it is comin along pretty good!!

Oh shit... forgot to update.

So, I found out the specs on the engine.

Its a 72 Camaro Z28 350, flat top pistons, 63 202 Racing heads, stainless valves, dual valve springs, aluminum intake, 600 cfm Edlebrock (I bought it for the truck)

the engine hasnt been dyno'ed but its said to possibly put out atleast 300 with proper tuning and carb. has 11:1 compression though. I cant keep the starter from torqueing out starter bolts. So I got the bracket for the back of the starter and now I just have to play with it to get it right and stay right.

Pics later.

Back