8.9 earth quake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

80K+ as of wednesday, the worst is yet to come. Two other cities haven't even been checked for death tolls and those two are the nearest to the epicenter of the quake. The worst is also yet to come in the form of sewage and disease. Dead bodies everywhere, no food, no water, lots of nasty diseases festering on land for the survivors.

I see this going easily to 150k dead,,,,,,,,very scary shit.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Dec 29 2004, 08:23 PM
I see this going easily to 150k dead,,,,,,,,very scary shit.
[post=438870]Quoted post[/post]​

That may prove to be conservative. These islands are not known for their hygine anyway. Now with all this death and rotting corpses, it is ripe for a localized "Black Plague".

I told my boys the dealth toll is the equivilant to every person in the city where we live being here Sunday morning, and then all drowning before Monday morning.

Originally posted by B16+Dec 29 2004, 05:29 PM-->
@Dec 29 2004, 12:43 PM
I'm not reading the thread, because I'm at work. So I don't know if this is a repost or not.

May not be work safe. Not good if you have a weak stomach.

-> Steve
[post=438768]Quoted post[/post]​

:eek: :eek: :eek:
omg all the people! that is just insane!
[post=438791]Quoted post[/post]​

DAMN, now that is just plain sick. :puke:

so many people....

I believe that the WHO "world health organization" pulled a figure out on the possible death toll. Friend stated that what ever the initial death toll is to multiply that by 3 or 4 as far as the effects of disease and whatnot.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 28 2004, 11:04 PM
maybe i'm an asshole here--

but is it me, or did 50,000 people get killed cuz they are stupid?

granted, we're only seeing limited footage...
but these guys were right on the beach. i can see some people getting f'ed up- but to me, that in no way looks like a 50k killer
[post=438491]Quoted post[/post]​

Dunno if these are linked to elsewhere in the thread, but I've got some footage I've uploaded to my site... Check out this first one:
http://www.civic-minded.com/video/tsunamiphuket1.wmv

Notice the older men at the pool, down and to the left of the cameraman when the water hits them... It dosen't look like much water, but even that knocks them off their feet.

Also notice that the water almost instantly rises and STAYS at chest level of the cameraman, and he's on the SECOND FLOOR. He also says that it's 'coming back', so this was the later, weaker surge.

Now look at this video and compare:
http://www.civic-minded.com/video/patong_beach3.wmv

The first building that's swallowed up in an instant is FOUR stories tall.

NOW imagine the force of that big one hitting a stick village.

hahaha

:owned:

I saved that pic if anyone wants it, shits good quality but hardcore. PM me...

It's odd, how the biggest travesty to happen to Sweden, in terms of lost lives, occured on the opposite side of the planet from Sweden itself.

-> Steve

Back