81 Civic-can't get enough power with a 1.5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

450horse1.5

I need help. Does anybody know what would be the easiest engine to put in the place of my '81 Civic's 1.5? I can't get enough power out of the one that's in it! Not to mention how much I have to spend to fix it when I blow it up every weekend.(you know, I guess I just won't accept a loss) Anybody have info?

Originally posted by reckedracing@May 17 2005, 11:49 AM
boost it or upgrade to a newer chassis...
[post=500535]Quoted post[/post]​

It's boosted, chassis is sentimental. Even I could have thought of that!javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

dont hold me to this but i have heard of swapping in early accord engines
1.8l SOHC 12V

Originally posted by racintweek@May 17 2005, 01:22 PM
dont hold me to this but i have heard of swapping in early accord engines
1.8l SOHC 12V
[post=500576]Quoted post[/post]​

Any other opinions on the early accord 1.8 SOHC 12V fitting my trans?

If you're boosting, I don't think the 81 Accords 95hp motor would be worth the hassle. As far as a striaght swap....no idea, but I know people have swapped B18Cs into those chassis, but it is far from a plug and play....real far.

just because it starts at 95hp doesnt menan that i wont make power under boost, 175hp in that car would haul ass

If you where to swap a b18c into that car and you could fabricate mounts and that sorta thing do you think it would be easier to make your own wiring harness? The guages would probly be really tuff to wire in but what about the engine harness? Like Racintweek already said I bet 175 hp in that car really would haul ass. It would be like the 400hp a Corvet may have in a CRX.... I could be really really off Im just throwin out an idea.

Originally posted by racintweek@May 19 2005, 12:59 PM
just because it starts at 95hp doesnt menan that i wont make power under boost, 175hp in that car would haul ass
[post=501212]Quoted post[/post]​

His starts at 80, so there isn't enough gained off the bat to warrant a swap.

well, since its already boosted drop in some low comp pistons and get a bigger turbo...

as far as what bolts to an 81 tranny? i have no clue

Back