88-89 sedan cluster in a 90-91 sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper88

My mom thinks i'm cool
The 91 sedan i just bought doesn't have a tach. I found a 88-89 sedan in a junkyard. Would the 88-89 cluster fit in the 91 sedan with no problem or not. I know the hatchs have some difference in them. I'm just not sure about the sedans.
Thanks...

and i'm still looking for a 91 sedan pass. side tail light. If any of you guys would happen to have one sitting around. I would be more then happy to take it off your hands. Thanks again

PS. eg6sir/Ethan i did look hard enough. That guy already sold the tail lights. The reason i posted in the ef section was just maybe somebody would have one sitting around that doesn't really look in the forsale/wanted section that would help me out.

Ok i was just wondering bc i like having a tach already in the cluster instead of some 5 in. thing hang on the side of the dash.

yea i seen that one its just i'm not spending 65 dollars on a tail light. Its not hurting me not having one. I want to smoke the tails lights and the pass. side one is all cracked up.

I think there is some kind of wiring difference also...?

I think its just the 88-89 civics without a tach had to be wired for a cluster with a tach to be installed. But im pretty sure in the 90-91 models its all there.

i found a 91 automatic cluster. I have a 5 speed. It looks like it would work other then having the P,N,D,2,1 lighting up. Does that sound right?

i found a 91 automatic cluster. I have a 5 speed. It looks like it would work other then having the P,N,D,2,1 lighting up. Does that sound right?

Yea they will work and the lights will be there but they wont light up.

just take some electrical tape and cover the #s from the back.. thats what i did w/ my auto EG cluster

Good idea! i never thought of that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eg6sir again. :(

Back