'88 CRX SI and a B16A2.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I wonder why I cant see the rest of the posts past 10...hmm who knows

Yeah thats cool...Just send the pics to my email and we'll see what happens...Do you have paypal? If so just Pm your email so I can pay after I see the pics

I'm not sure about GSR intake manifold..my boy sold me his and he said it would fit...I might be wrong and its an ITR manifold...not sure though

You can def. do the cams, I would call that the poor mans build, cheap but gives you the horses. I went with blox cams but I had the money to dish out on them

Well got a email back from them today and they said they could have it here within a week. I cant order until mid April but its all good. I'm going to take some pic's while I do the project and document what I come across for some future reference.

On a serious note I would like to thank you all for your help. Out of all the forums about this stuff this one is by far #1. Thanks again and Ill bump this thing with some progress reports as they roll in.;)

something is wrong with hondaswaps forums...fix your shit hondaswap

My shit is fine...Its hondaswaps whole hybrid page wont update. And my internet is a Air Force network and I also maintain that network so it's working just fine. So you can go try and flame somewhere else. 22 years old and you ACT and SPELL like a child.

Whats up w/ those axles Skillz???

Works fine for me.
Maybe Al Qaeda disrupted your super secure network.
Call the pentagon! Hondaswap won't update! Orange Alert!

One more thing I am confused about is how the Vtech will come into play. When I swap the engine do I replace the ECU and the wiring harness that comes with the engine?

Rywire - Online Store

Problem. Solved.

You will jumper your existing harness into the ECU that matches the engine. Then you will run seperate wires from the ECU to your VTEC solenoid, etc.

Ok I see now thnx. Both of the engines are OBD0 so none of that stuff will come into play then.

I ordered my swap from HMotorsOnline. The guy there...I think his name was Steve...was really helpful. He told me exactly what I needed and even went out of his way to find a Del sol shift linkage instead of the civic linkage that it normally comes with. I ordered the b16sir2 with a kaaz lsd. When I finally got the engine in and swapped I found out the reverse didn't engage properly. I told him my problem and he sent someone to pick up the broken trans. in two days and had a new one in the mail in less than three days. He didn't even wait to get my transmission before he sent another one to me. I would recommend anyone to buy from this company. The customer service was fantastic and if I had it to do over...I wouldn't change a thing.

Did u decide on a engine yet?

http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30002

This is the beast I have chosen. I am now almost broke. I hope by late April I can get it done. I went ahead and rebuilt the top end of the engine that is in the beast now just so I can drive it around. I had the head redone too just for shits and giggles and it will wake it up a bit. It runs like a bat out of hell and with a tiny exhaust leak it sounds mean lol. I am working on the funds to get the motor mounts and axles now. I will get some pics up of the little primer gray beast. Im going to throw a new water pump on it this morning also.

See I am actually doing a B18 swap in my Civic...Which I coverted to MPFI and what not...I am just running into problems finding a good deal on a linkage. And i am unsure about customizing the stock 90-91 integra shift linkage...
I just got the b18 as i came across a deal i couldnt pass up and i have the cable transmission now...

Does anyone know of anyone who is pretty good at modding a linkage?

I got mine from ENjO. I dont have the bookmark anymore but I'm sure you can google it. It was $169 shipped and it was the entire kit. I have not installed it yet but I was going to give it a try. I honestly would not try to rig something up, just spend the money and get a kit. Maybe somebody makes a better kit then the one I got but Ill be a test rat and see what it does.

Kit I got was for a 88-91 Civic/CRX

aweome that is what i had ...was it like mounts/linkage or what?

To tell you the truth it is sitting in the box in my basement and has not been opened. The guy told me it was everything I needed. The mounts on the other hand were just a hair over $300 for the B series cable tranny.

OK this thread is being brought back to life:eek:

I had some stuff come up that kept me from doing what I wanted to do but all is well now. Over the last few weeks I have had problems with the D16 in the car now and I am truly tired of screwing with it. After testing last night I have decided its not worth the trouble to work on it anymore. The engine is fine but it has low compression so I figured it might need new rings. I squirted a little oil in the spark plug boss and the compression was fine so I think I narrowed it down to just the rings.

Next week I am going to order:
http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30002

So if anybody needs/wants a D16A6 please feel free to post. I live about 30 miles outside of Atlanta (Athens area) if anybody is interested. I have no way to move the thing so it would have to come get it. I have no idea what it is worth and can leave it in the car so you can fire it up and see that it runs/works but knowing it might need a little work. Price is totally negotiable and you can have whatever that is not required for my swap.

Back