'89 240sx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you can pull the turbo off quick, send it in to someone to have it drilled and re-tapped.

if you can pull the turbo off quick, send it in to someone to have it drilled and re-tapped.

My brother works in a shop, and said they can do it there. I would just have to pull off the turbo, hang up the exhaust, and find a way to get it towed there. I gave him my Royal Purple oil in return for the job, but he is taking too long, so I was going to do it myself. At least if they do it in the shop it's on them if something goes wrong, but I'm pretty confident in my own abilities.

I'll figure it out...still gotta wait till payday to order anything.

I did the Time-Cert, but I didn't have enough room in that hole for the new threads to go all the way in, and it was still leaking through the new threads.

I ended up just getting a bolt for the hole, putting JBWeld on the threads, tightening it up, and some JBWeld for the outside of the bolt, and relocated my feed line to the other side of the block where my oil pressure sensor is located. Bought and oil pressure adapter from NISport

NS-2100.jpg

And got a new SS line made at a shop in Vegas called Allhose. Love these guys, they can make you any hose you want with any fitting, diameter, length and in about 5 minutes.

Hooked everything up and it is all running good.

I noticed some coolant leaking today...pulled my intake off located it and fixed it up. My power steering is leaking too. Nothing I can really do about it other than buy a new PS pump...which has to come from another SR, or from Japan which sucks, but it's about $150 for a used one...

good looking sr build bro, and whoever made the comment on not welding the diff, Ive welded both my rx7's and my 240 and have had 0 issues

good looking sr build bro, and whoever made the comment on not welding the diff, Ive welded both my rx7's and my 240 and have had 0 issues

Thanks man. I think I'm going to need a new clutch soon which sucks. I would have got a new one when I rebuilt the motor but I didn't have the money. It was slipping when I was getting a little high in RPM's in 5th gear...

I'm still thinking about welding the diff, Just don't have the time. Going to have to do something with it soon, I can hear a whining coming from back there, and I don't know if some bearings are going bad or what. I haven't looked to much in to it, but I don't recall the whining noise before the car sat for about a year...

Would love to get a new tranny, clutch and diff...then I think all my problems would be solved (Knock on wood)...

Hey dilbeckskate? I had heard that rx7 differentials (turbo AND n/a) all had limited slip differentials... Did i hear wrong? Or did you have to further modify the diff to weld them?

no in fc rx7 you had a few different trim levels, : GXL, GTU, Turbo II, Convertible, only the gtu and the turbo II cars had lsd, mine had a lsd diff (it was a gtu) but it was iffy and locked when it wanted too, soo I welded it lol welded is great, if u have the extra money to drop though, spool it

So like I said in post #45, my clutch was slipping, and since then it has gotten worse. Car is sitting for now until I get my tax return sometime in February. Ordering a Spec Stage 4 unsprung six puck clutch to replace the one in there now. Also going to get my dif welded by a guy in town that has about 45 years experience in welding.

Recently I did a clutch job on a 00 mustang. Omg was this clutch fucked. He was trying to drive in to my garage and I could see clutch material shredding and spitting out of the trans as he was pulling in, and he was tacking out the engine and barel moving. Here are some of the pics of the clutch when we got the trans off. LMAO.

9653_532359233442736_2092851025_n.jpg

59303_532359206776072_1210036769_n.jpg

6936_532357283442931_1807623904_n.jpg

On top of that, dude refused to get his flywheel resurfaced, and didnt want to replace the throw out bearing...I guess whatever, it's his car lmao.

I'll update a bit more when I get my new clutch and do the replacement. I'm also going to pull out the engine at that time becaue the break-in is done. Going to re-torque everything down and clean a few leaks up that were my fault in the beginning.

thats one of those high tech ultra thin frictionless racing clutches

Back