89 dx /dohc zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Posef

i have a 89 dx iwas woundering what would i have to do to have it bar cali smog rules r stricted

Most smog techs wont know the difference as long as all emission related hoses and other bs is there. However if you want it legit, you will need a receipt for the motor, and then you will need to take it to a ref station where they will check to make sure you pass all emission regulations. Read this guideline for more info.
Engine Change Guidelines

i have a 89 dx iwas woundering what would i have to do to have it bar cali smog rules r stricted
generally speaking, getting the DOHC ZC accepted is not easy since the DOHC ZC was not available from the factory in any USDM car - since you have an 89 model car (90 or 91 - out of luck as you can't swap in an engine older than the car), you may get them to accept it by explaining that the JDM DOHC ZC is basically the same as the 89 USDM Integra D16A1 - you would probably need to use the 88-89 USDM Integra PG7 ECU - some people have done this and got a B.A.R. sticker - a lot depends on who is doing the checking - the main visual differences between the JDM DOHC ZC and the USDM D16A1 are the valve cover, the timing belt covers and the driver's side mount - other than that, they look to be the same, although they are not.

Back