89 Honda CRX DX Mystery Diagnosis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Btw, Injen, you didn't flame me that bad. Your shit is easy to take.
Boosted had a better chance.
The key is to sound smart when you're fighting with someone online, cuz since people can't tell how you say things, when you call people names and not anything else, you just sound like a spoiled 5-year-old, and unoriginal.
I've taken worse shit than anybody's given me on this site.
Lol, not saying I'm inviting it. I'm a pretty tough girl though.

werd. or an ignition module. they're pretty similar in their ability to screw with car starting.

main relay (lives inside the cabin near the fuse box):

ce4d9c9ac43dcd495aec218e29533b6e.jpg

ignition module (lives in the distributor):
honda_ignition.jpg

Guys like you are why we have like 2 girls on the site.
LIES!!!!
there are more than 2 ladies on this site...and they know im just fucking with them
Btw, Injen, you didn't flame me that bad. Your shit is easy to take.
Boosted had a better chance.
The key is to sound smart when you're fighting with someone online, cuz since people can't tell how you say things, when you call people names and not anything else, you just sound like a spoiled 5-year-old, and unoriginal.
I've taken worse shit than anybody's given me on this site.
Lol, not saying I'm inviting it. I'm a pretty tough girl though.
lol i didnt even try flaming you that bad...trust me if i wanted you to leave bad enough i coulda said way more harsh shit...
werd. or an ignition module. they're pretty similar in their ability to screw with car starting.

main relay (lives inside the cabin near the fuse box):

ce4d9c9ac43dcd495aec218e29533b6e.jpg

ignition module (lives in the distributor):
honda_ignition.jpg
try the ignition module first if thats not it go with the next cheapest part...you could go to a junkyard and get a main relay and dizzy for fairly cheap

Got my main relay for my 93' Civic for $10 at a junkyard. I should've just put that shit in my pocket and said I never found it because they made MY ASS go back there, search thru miles upon miles of wreckage, without directions, and it took me an hour to find the imports, and probably 15 minutes after that to find a Civic with a good relay. When I asked them if they had any parts pullers they asked me if I wanted an application.

should have taken the job.

and i would start with the distributer.
usually a problem in these old cars, im willing to bet yours is the stock one that came out of the factory

I would've gladly taken the job except my car wasn't running yet at the time, it's like 8 miles away, and my mom works graveyard so she barely has time to get my little bro to work let alone both of us, also picking us both up from school and taking us to school at different times while trying to catch 2 hour naps off n on thru the day. Would they even hire a 17 year old parts puller? I was 16 at the time and they wouldn't let me use a jackstand to get some suspension bolts (that my dumbass forgot to reinstall after the swap, and I lost them) because of "liabilities".

But then I just found another junkyard that didn't have partspullers that lets you actually drive out there so they couldn't see my tools anyway.

Well, my spark plugs aren't getting power, neither is my distributor, so my bet is it's whatever supplies power to those. I don't remember the long process we went through, but basically, the ignition module was next on the list. I'm gonna check out a junkyard and get a distributor anyway. I have all new ignition coil (accidentally replaced for the second time in 3 months the other day lol), rotor, distributor cap, I'm gonna just put all those on the new distributor. I mean, a brand-spanking new ignition module is like the same price of more as a used distributor at a junkyard. lol.
I'm gonna give that shit a try, I hope I don't run out of money before run out of ideas to fix this shit...

Do you hear the main relay click after you turn the key to ignition? My main even tested fine but would fail to switch at the most inopertune times... Don't bother getting one from the yard either, they are only 40-60 bucks at a dealer. Cheap insurance.

K. First though, I'm gonna switch out the ignition module and see if that helps.

Cuz... um, I'm nobody's girlfriend. Plus, wouldn't it be kinda weird and random, and seem kinda conceited???
Like I was saying "Hey, I'm fucking hot enough to be on this thread even though I'm not with anybody", you know??? Lol.
I've already been asked/ told that anyway, what would be the point, what would I say for myself???

dont necessarily have to be a gf. just a girl.
and dont have to say anything, just post a pic,
dont HAVE to be a nude, but a face pic or somehting to bump the thread, its dying. lol.

nope nothing need be said.
just post a pic.
we'll get the point. lol.

lol i told her b4 you did!!!!

yea i was leg humping tryin to get a pic...

but def. a face shot and a body shot...that would get you alota rep

i love seeing how ppl look...its cool to be able to put a face to a name when your talking to someone on forums

Back