'90 Crx Si Weight is 2174. Is that w/wo fuel??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Ok.. A stock 1990 CRX Si weighs 2174 pounds. I found that on these forums. But how did they weigh "stock"

Was "stock" full of oil, coolant and gas? Did it have A/C??

The reason I am asking, is I just weighed my car. It weighs 2160 pounds. It is a 1990 Si, No A/C, Full tank of gas, full interior (rear shelf included), B18A1, stock rims, Stereo with the rear converted to 6X9's and an amp. I have done some very light weight reduction to it (removed the spare cover, jack, tire, etc, etc)

Shouldn't my car weigh like 2270+?

P.S. Gas weighs 5.8 - 6.5 pounds per gallon, depending upon additives and temperature. The 90 si holds 11.9 gallons of fuel. Thats 73.185 pounds difference.

:(

Holy shit, 2100 pounds.

My 99 si sux. With my fat ass in the car it probably weighs in at around 2800 pounds. I need like 9000 hp to make this pig fast. Even Modacar's 99 si with over 680 hp to the wheel just barely scratched the 10s. I need to yank my motor and put it in a fucking geo or something.... :lol:

my 91 Si with 17" shus, B16A, no A/C, Full/complete interior, full tank of gas weighed 2260 without me in it.

93 cx hb with b16a2 full interior with spare jack handle and stereo and jl componats with me in it was 2230 half tank of gas

Curb weight: Weight of a ground vehicle including fuel, lubricants, coolant, and on-vehicle materiel, excluding cargo and operating personnel.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jul 9 2005, 01:58 PM
my a4 weighs damn neatr 4500lbs
[post=523102]Quoted post[/post]​

Gut it and get out the grinder:p

And an Air Chisel. My god, i need to take pictures of my friends 240. We worked on it for like 6 hours and we have like HALF of the back seat and hatch area clean of sound dampining crap and glue. Its like it will never be finished.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 9 2005, 10:54 AM
And an Air Chisel. My god, i need to take pictures of my friends 240. We worked on it for like 6 hours and we have like HALF of the back seat and hatch area clean of sound dampining crap and glue. Its like it will never be finished.
[post=523119]Quoted post[/post]​

your going at it the wrong way. Its all about Dry ice. When you freeze that stuff, it becomes extremly brittle. Hit it with a hammer a few times then stick a screw driver (I used a large butter knife) and the stuff comes right out. I did it yesterday in my hatch.

Things removed. Sound deading. When weighed on my digital bathroom scale, diffrence between me and me with the bag of shit in my hands around 10lbs.

padding on the under side of carpet
Fire wall pad/mat. Removed/cut as much as I could reach. Didn't feel like taking out the dash to get at it. (those 2 compbined = around 5 lbs)
Rear seats (for the time being) (weighed in at around 30lbs)
All carpet (For the time being)
Center council
Passenger del sol Seat with EG rails 32lbs

Overall weight savings is around 80lbs. The spare tire is 23lbs (if you have a 14 inch integra spare tire) Right there you have close to 100 lbs in weight reductions (some are for track day only) Remove AC, (80 some lbs) Power steering (around 15lbs) and an aftermarket header (around 20lbs of weight reduction) and you have around 200lbs light then stock.

the a4 is never going to amount to anything except get me around expensively. It's going to be traded in soon for a 1.8t A4. :)

i wouldnt mind a 2003 jetta 1.8T.

I just stripped the rear of my crx today. got at least 40 lbs out.

nah i drove the jetta, it was only ok. 1.8t + the quattro trans = lotsa fun

Back