92-95 B16a2 Into 00 Hb Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just got my motor and it's a b16a2 obd1, but my car and the ecu i'm going to use is an obd2. I was just wondering if any of you guys can help me out. Also, i need help with the vtec wiring on my dx harness, do i have to cut anything?

Any help will be appreciated.

IF you would have done it the other way, going obd1 car with obd2 engine, it would have been alot easier. You went the wrong way. Going obd2-obd1 is tuff, alot of wiring.

keep in mind that it is not legal... and i thought b16a2's were obdII?

Originally posted by B16@Jan 6 2003, 03:16 PM
keep in mind that it is not legal... and i thought b16a2's were obdII?

yea they are but for some reason, some shops lable that engine on there site as the b16a2 obd1 instead of just putting b16aSiRII

it's gotta be a jdm b16a2, unless it has obd1 shit on it from somebody else which is just as possible..... in a nutshell save your self from a whirlwind of shit, just buy a p28!!!!

Originally posted by Holy_racer@Jan 6 2003, 08:03 PM
I just got my motor and it's a b16a2 obd1, but my car and the ecu i'm going to use is an obd2. I was just wondering if any of you guys can help me out. Also, i need help with the vtec wiring on my dx harness, do i have to cut anything?

Any help will be appreciated.

Does it actually say B16A2 on it?If so it should be a USDM or EDM.If it is USDM it is probably OBD II cuz the OBD I delsol vtec is harder to find.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 6 2003, 02:24 PM
cuz the OBD I delsol vtec is harder to find.

not to mention that one is called the B16A3

so jdm sir-II's don't have b16a2 stamped on the block?? well i'll be dammed

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 6 2003, 06:37 PM

no all jdm engines have a b16a or a b18c, there are no numbers on JDM engines (except for diplacement #'s)

Originally posted by B16@Jan 6 2003, 12:16 PM
keep in mind that it is not legal...

it is not legal if you live in california, i am not sure what state you live in but that is how to work with the engine you have....

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jan 7 2003, 12:39 AM-->
prawjEKt Cx
@Jan 6 2003, 06:37 PM

no all jdm engines have a b16a or a b18c, there are no numbers on JDM engines (except for diplacement #'s)

There is the one rare instance of the b16a1 JDM(forgot which car it came in)that does,but that is it.

It's more like you guys are argueing than helping me out. It's all good man, i already got it all wire up. Obd1 to Obd2, it's easy once you get down to business and wire it up. Hopefully, you guys know how to do the same thing too because i only know how to wire it, but don't know how to get instruction.

Thanks for the help dumbasses!

Back