'92 Accord H22a Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
:worthy: You guys are pretty good at this. This is my first post, but I've read a lot of them.
Anyway, I just bought an H22A off of Ebay, but I don't think I'll get the wiring harness or ECU with it. I'm going to keep my Accord auto tranny. Stupid? Nah, just a money issue, and I'll replace it in six months. I know I'd get way better performance out of a manual, but this is my work car, and I hold a cup of coffee on the way to work. Which ECU should I use? I believe that the tranny has it's own, but I'm kinda new to this. Does anyone know of a good place to buy an obd1 engine harness for the swap? Most places sell it all as a kit, for 1500 or more, plus shipping, and I won the engine for $911. So, you know I'm stoked. Thanks, cya

Originally posted by tab@Feb 7 2003, 09:11 PM
:worthy: You guys are pretty good at this. This is my first post, but I've read a lot of them.
Anyway, I just bought an H22A off of Ebay, but I don't think I'll get the wiring harness or ECU with it. I'm going to keep my Accord auto tranny. Stupid? Nah, just a money issue, and I'll replace it in six months. I know I'd get way better performance out of a manual, but this is my work car, and I hold a cup of coffee on the way to work. Which ECU should I use? I believe that the tranny has it's own, but I'm kinda new to this. Does anyone know of a good place to buy an obd1 engine harness for the swap? Most places sell it all as a kit, for 1500 or more, plus shipping, and I won the engine for $911. So, you know I'm stoked. Thanks, cya

Ahh...you should just trade me for the F22 out of my 94 Accord EX: :p

I know that the F22 is a good engine. ;) But I've gone through two of them. My first one started knocking at 216k, so I replaced the bottom end, and get this.......it started knocking two days later. Flashing oil light in tune with the knock let me know it was another bearing. I wasted 400 bucks, and a few days of my time to do the swap, and it bit me. So this time, I'm getting what I want. Good offer, but no thanks. B)

BTW If anyone has a VTEC harness, computer, or auto prelude tranny for sale, let me know, I'm keeping my options open.

you will keep your accord harness. i did when i did my swap into the 96 accord.

you just need a vtec ecu. but are you staying auto? or not.

if you need some help
email me
mkteller8@aol.com
i might be able to shed some light on an issue or two

I want to stay auto, for now, it's my cruiser. I have a hot rod in the garage that needs fixing too. The difference between your car and mine is OBD. Yours is OBD1, perfect. Mine is OBD0, not so good.

:ph34r:
keep the harness from your car and get an auto h22 computer then you will have to just wire vtec and kick some ass you will need to tell me what year your accord is and what year your engine is so i can help with computer problems
chad

Back