93 hatch..what should i swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FAQ=Frequently asked questions, not facts

Small sol, how exactly did you come up with 6K for a crvtec build? I sure as hell hope you get EVERYTHING replaced with top notch parts for 6k.

I would say a basic build for a cr vtec would be around 2500-3000. The blocks are hella cheap, prolly no more than 300. heads are around 600, tranny no more than 600 and a bunch of miscellaneous parts would be at most 1K. How exactly does 2500=6000??

because you didn't figure in machine work.

plus a crv block costs 800.

resleeving costs 800.

transmission costs 800-1500

head costs at least 600

crvtec's are expensive and not reliable if they aren't built properly...and few people know how to build them properly...

get a b16a, b18c, and go from there, with some work both motors can make a hatch a mid 13 second car.

crv blocks have to be sleeved to make them work with the vtec head? Im talking about a basic build here, enough to get you running. Better stuff is optional, just like on any other motor.

And I have never seen a crv shortblock for more than 500 bucks

you have to replace just about everything in the engine because the bottom end can not stand up to high revs with stock intrenals. It is the same way with lsVTEC's. If i had the cash, i would do a crVTEC over any other honda engine.

B18a releeve (golden eagle) 86mm bore
custom 12:1 (stock rods)

crv blocks usually crack sleeves between 2nd and 3rd cylinders when driven hard...etc.

i've seen this happen first hand...therefore i'd resleeve it if you're going with anything over 10.5:1 compression.

Originally posted by chet@Jan 1 2003, 01:15 AM
crv blocks usually crack sleeves between 2nd and 3rd cylinders when driven hard...etc.

i've seen this happen first hand...therefore i'd resleeve it if you're going with anything over 10.5:1 compression.

:withstupid: :D

Back