94 Acc. Engine Swap Non-vtec To Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BMEagle7

I was wondering what will be needed besides the engine itself. I have a auto tran.
I need to know if the ecu and/or the tranny computer will have to be changed and or other
modifications will be needed...

Yes, the ECU will have to be swapped, along with a complete head (distributor, cam, cam gear, timing belt...) and (I think) a VTEC water pump.

Are you sure you want to do this swap? It's only going to net you aout 10 horsepower at the flywheel.....You may be better off saving for a turbo or an engine swap.

I don't think that he is swapping the head, I think he is swapping the entire engine.

Ahhh, that makes sense. It still brings about the question of, do you really want to swap a whole engine for an extra 10 horsepower?

I can't say for sure on the F-series, but I know that on the B-series, the water pumps differ in the number of teeth of the pump from non-vtec to vtec. Best way is to go to the Honda dealer and ask them to show you a pump from each engine, then compare them.

Back