94 Accord LX F20B swap help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nimrod91

I have a 5 speed 94 accord LX and I am building it into a new car basically. I am doing engine swap, new wheels/rims, new paint job, new suspension, custom interior, and possibly a body kit (if I can find one that isn't super flashy that I like). But I am starting with the engine swap. I will go ahead and say that I am new to the this. It's my first Honda and my first swap. So any information will be helpful. I already bought the F20b, T2T4 LSD transmission, down pipe, and required mounting brackets. I have a PCB ECU that they threw in for no extra charge. Right now my goal is just to get the Honda drivable.

So lets start with the ECU. I have the PCB ECU but from what I have read/been told that will not work. So I have been looking to get a chipped ECU. I have someone to chip and tune it. I am looking at the P28 and the P72. I have read that I need the P72 for IAB. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What about headers? I have seen that I can get some made that will fit it but it would cost $1499. That is more than I paid for the engine. So does anyone know of some good headers for a more reasonable price?

Does anyone know of anything else (that isn't obvious) that I may need for this swap? I am trying to make a complete parts list and the prioritize it.

We are going to start pulling the old motor tomorrow.

Thanks for any information/help with this!

Back