94 B16a3 Into 93 Integra Gs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acuramike

OK here we go i have a 94 del so vtec that i recked i just bought a 93 integra gs with a blown engine i had just recently rebuilt my b16 with forged pistons and rods it maybe has three thousand miles on it and i heard threw the grape vine that the b16 came in the integra in japan
the only difference in the ls and the b16 are tourqe. cable vs hydro and VTEC the both use obd1 correct? i just want to know if there is any helpful tips someone could give me i dont have much money left from building the engine and is my best bet Someone give me some input on what they think Ps im too nervous about the hole Ls/vtec thing i have really looked into it

well the major problem is the teg is extremly heavy. Yes in japan the XSi had a b16 in it but was later replaced with the GSR and the LS for the extra trq. the reason is, the b16 in the teg was just not cutting it, they needed more displacement. With this swap work with bascily no hassle? Yes, Will you be happy with it? probally not.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 7 2003, 05:29 PM
well the major problem is the teg is extremly heavy.

teg is extremely heavy? either i was mis informed or sumthin, but i thought my 90 teg weighed only 2550 stock....and lik a 99 si weighs around 3000...and even a del sol is heavier than the teg...if i am wrong please correct me so i kno for certain. thanks

Originally posted by Integra1990+Jan 7 2003, 06:49 PM-->
asmallsol
@Jan 7 2003, 05:29 PM
well the major problem is the teg is extremly heavy.

teg is extremely heavy? either i was mis informed or sumthin, but i thought my 90 teg weighed only 2550 stock....and lik a 99 si weighs around 3000...and even a del sol is heavier than the teg...if i am wrong please correct me so i kno for certain. thanks

well yes your just about completely correct there. None of these cars are fether weights. Sols are extremly heavy because they have extra suspention and frame work done to keep there rigidity when the top is off, The si is heavy and because of this, the b16a2 does not make extremly impressive #'s in it. The b16a's (all gens included) are best for crx's, and hatch backs. Pills put a b16aSIRii in his sol and he has told me that he wishes he would have put the GSR in it. Taking his advise, i am going to a b18c but i am probally going to go with the jdm b18c type R. There is a reason why they only had the XSi for only a few years, it was too heavy.

i plan on building a type r supercharged but for now i got a built engine and a ported and polished head so i coudnt be too slow as quick as the sol

if your going to run a SC, dont do a use a ITR, go with the GSR, the ITR has too high of compression and with minorslip ups in tunning you'll destroy that engine.

there is a b18c5 powered sol in michigan with a jrsc that runs 13s on street tires.. tuned with hondata.. i say go for it... it's all in the tuning.

as far as my sir II in my sol.. i like it now. a gsr would be cool, but fuck it. whats done is done.. now i'll just have to get an ITR short block like darksol :)

www.darksol.com 13's on street tires 12's on slicks. all motor

yea that think is dope, but he rides so low, it looks like he is going to scrape.

There is NOTHING wrong with haveing a B16A3 into a Integra. I have a B16A3 in my integra and its pretty fast (i even have a blown head gasket) and i still am faster then many people. I beat a new BMW today. I have a 1992 Integra LS. Fast as hell.

i have a 91 integra DA trying to put a 95' b16 in it

well im new to this but i was woundering if dat would be ok for me to do would it work since i think one is cable and the other one is hydro wat would i need for this swap if i already have the b16 in a civic but im taking it out to put it in the DA wat would i need to do this

you could buy the cable2hydro part if you wanna swap in a hydro tranny dat was my option but personally i feel dat cable trannys is better at least for the da

you prolly need to buy a new wiring kit but that should depend on the years of the car and engine but other than that a b16 should go into a da integra with cable transmission easy it worked for me

oh alright thanks man that helped me alot but im still desiding if i should just keep my b18a dont know and just change the head

Back