94 Del Sol Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RedSol94

I have a 94 Del Sol Si it has the D16z6 in it already but i want to make it a good daily driver but at the same time when i want to take out the big V8's i have enough power. A cople of friends were telling me i should drop in an h22a but i have seen these motors and what they are going for and its not exactly inexpensive. I have also done some research and i have read in a couple of places that a B18B1 is a good swap for the Sol. A little help from the honda swap guru's would be greatly appreciated!

Well for starteres...

What is your budget?

Racing big V8's and winning won't be cheap.. Honda's aren't cheap like most people think they are.

The H22 will be about $4000 for just the swap (installed) and the b1 will be more like... $2000 at the most (but it is 60 less HP than the H22).
Also they are both pretty Turbo friendly.. the b1 actually really wants to be turboed with it's low compression design.

The h22 is more for line racing (you will lose your AC, and if you want turbo you will lose Power Steering). It's just a big motor. It weighs more, but produces HP like no other.
The b1 is a lighter motor with much capability, it will be a cheaper swap in the long run... although might produce as good of times in the quarter as the H22, but it is auto-crossable (although with turbo thats not reccomended.)

I would definitely suggest B18 over H22 in that particular car. H22 is a dynamite power plant but like Hexen said it is heavy and is intended for straight line racing especially in your car. B18 will be a much more friendly daily driver while still allowing you to make some serious power. I would boost the B18 if you are not interested in autocrossing. If you want to auto-X then I would probably go B16 because it gearing is closer together and you can stay N/a or sc for Auto-X.

Peace*

Originally posted by Hexen@Feb 4 2003, 12:20 PM
Well for starteres...

What is your budget?

Racing big V8's and winning won't be cheap.. Honda's aren't cheap like most people think they are.

Off the line, hondas suck, they have no trq. Of the line you need something that has alot of trq. If you ever want to keep up with v8's, you have to go turbo. As hexen said, not very cheap. Your easiest route would be with a b18b with a good turbo set up. From a roling start however, hondas can hold there own. The b18c5 (itr) is great for this, role like 10 mph, put the clutch in, rev to about 4 or so grand in first then drop the clutch. You will be suprised at how 8900 rpm red line can help a car from a role. If you ever plan to go all out autoX the ITR is the way to go. Best NA machine that can go into a civic.

Originally posted by RedSol94@Feb 4 2003, 12:15 PM
. I have also done some research and i have read in a couple of places that a B18B1 is a good swap for the Sol. A little help from the honda swap guru's would be greatly appreciated!

Join the LS/T del sol club!!

-----> only member in club for now :(

Back