94 GSR 95 HATCH

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95GSRHatchLOU

WHEN I FIRST GOT THE CIVIC GSR I REALIZED VTEC WASNT ENGAUGING... SO I TOOK OFF THE VTEC SOLENOID AND IT WAS ALL GUNKED UP. TOOK IT COMPLETELY APART AND HIT IT WITH THE AIR COMPRESSER. AFTER I PUT IT BACK ON I FINALLY HIT VTEC!!! ITS QUITE FUNNY HAVING THE LOUDEST PIECE OF RICE IN TOWN. BUT ANYWAY. AFTER I DID SO I HEARD THIS FUNNY KNOCKING/CLICKING SOUND.... IT SOUNDED REAL MEAN. SO I TOOK THE VALVE COVER OFF AND RE DID THE ROCKERS THINKING THE VALVES WERE LOOSE. INTAKE(6-7) EXHAUST(7-8) ALL IS FINE AND DANDY BUT I STILL GET THIS FUNNY NOISE. THE SECOND TIME I TOOK IT OFF THINKING THAT SOMETHING DROPPED IN THERE BUT IT WAS A FEW DAYS AND THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO THE BLOCK.HMM.... BAD ASS NOISE NO DAMAGE. AFTER FISHING AROUND WITH A MAGNET I STILL DIDNT FIND ANYTHING. NOW I DUNNO IF MY TIMMING IS RETARDED OR WHATEVER BUT I SURE AS HELL DONT LIKE THIS NOISE. ON A COLD START ITS FINE TILL IT WARMS UP AND AT IDLE EVERY NOW AND THEN U GET THE CLICK/KNOCK. MY CAR ISNT MUCH TOO LOOK AT REALLY BEING I SOLD MY REAR BUMPER COVER BUT I DONT LIKE THE FACT THAT MY CAR SOMETIMES SOUNDS LIKE A HOOPTY. I JUST NEED IT TO LOOK THAT WAY!. IF ANY TECHS KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM PLEASE :worthy: GET BACK TO ME ASAP. THANKS. LOU
P.S. HONDA NATION..... ROCK ON! :blink:

Originally posted by Blanco@Sep 8 2004, 12:33 PM
Rod knocking?
[post=387490]Quoted post[/post]​

:D NA MAN ITS NOT A ROD.... THE CAR RUNS GREAT ITS JUST AT IDLE U U GET A RANDOM KNOCK/PING/CLICK SOUND. BUT ITS RUNS GREAT
THANKS

every honda that i have ever driven or seen has slight ping sounds that sound like the valves need to be adjusted. how loud is it? it shouldnt be real loud and if it doesnt seem to be getting louder or faster when you rev it should be fine. I have heard of this from lots of people who own hondas, but if yours is real loud then its not what i am talking about

It goes away with a little rev on the motor right?

I'm not really sure myself, I have the same thing. The only thing that comes to mind is a spun bearing.

Mine is making me think a lot.

Originally posted by noobvang@Sep 10 2004, 12:45 AM
It goes away with a little rev on the motor right?

I'm not really sure myself, I have the same thing. The only thing that comes to mind is a spun bearing.

Mine is making me think a lot.
[post=388403]Quoted post[/post]​

ive also noticed that when i depress the clutch pedal i hear the noise..... it sounds like something internal but its just not visable gonna do a compression test and a diagnostic. and keep you posted! :huh:

i was also wondering why my motor made this pop sound. i was doing a compression test on the motor, im running about 180 on all 4. but when i did do the test i heard this pop sound but only when i had pressure on the cylindar. i disconnected the AIC senser and now i noticed less restriction though mid range rpm. im still hearing the clicking sound but not very often only at a certain low rpm.
LETS HEAR IT :worthy:

Back