94 gsr in 00 si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bmorei9s06

alright guys, as title say, looking to put 94 gsr in 00 si. i am waiting to get approved for my loan to get this si i been looking at. i am wondering what all will have to be done for me to run my gsr motor in the si. i know itll be a straight drop in, no problem there. but my question is the wiring. i know i can take the injectors, dizzy, stuff like that off the b16 an put on gsr. but since the gsr motor is a obd1, would i run the obd1 gsr ecu or get a obd2 gsr ecu and run that? also i believe ill have to perform the crank sensor trick. so if you can inform me id appriciate it.

You will need the B16 mount brackets; the one by the timing belt bolted to the block, the rear trans bracket, and AC mount bracket if you want AC. The B18 brackets wount work on a Civic. You need to add wires for the GSR's intake mani butterfly valves. I would use the B16's trans, it has a shorter gear ratio= more fun. Use the B16 wiring harness on the B18, like I said you will add some wires for the mani. The 94-01 GSR is OBDII so dont worry about the ecu stuff, just use the B18 ECU. The B16 ecu wont know what to do about the butterfly valves and the engine will strave for air at mid ti high rpms.

Last edited:
Back