95 hatch/gsr Wiring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondapop

Can someone please help me with a wiring question in the engine bay. I am in the middle of a GSR swap into a 95 cx hatch (both obd1). I have most of it worked out except one item that I can't find in any of the posts. I plan to change the ecu to the gsr ecu and run the vtec,knock, ect wires out to the three passenger side plugs. My question is...can I use the GSR engine wiring harness instead of the civics? If I use the civic's I'll have to change a few sensor plugs and run the vtec, knock,etc sensor wires past the three plugs to the sensors. If I use the gsr engine harness I will only have to run the 5-7 wires to the three plug on the passenger side. Does this sound correct and is there anything wrong with this approach...tks for your help....

I recommend the GSR wire harness since your engine and ecu are both GSR. What three plugs on the passenger side?

Originally posted by doubleE@May 31 2005, 08:43 PM
I recommend the GSR wire harness since your engine and ecu are both GSR. What three plugs on the passenger side?
[post=505836]Quoted post[/post]​

The gsr harness has the plugs backwards to the civics since it is a JDM (the three that go to the ecu are on the drivers side on the GSR). It appears that I can remove the engine harness and re-install with the plugs on the correct side (and all the plugs will reach each sensor). Does this sound like it will work? tks for your reply...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 1 2005, 11:42 AM
use the cx harness.
add wires.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...=0&#entry532531

don't forget to convert from 1-wire to 4-wire on the o2
[post=506121]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the replies...This is a tough topic....I have about 50% replying to use the civic harness and 50% say to use the GSR (I have this question on three other sites). Hate to beat a dead horse but can someone tell me why I shouldn't use the GSR harness? Simply stating "use the civic harness" doesn't help much...no offense intended since I do appreciate the feedback....

Thanks for the replies...This is a tough topic....I have about 50% replying to use the civic harness and 50% say to use the GSR (I have this question on three other sites). Hate to beat a dead horse but can someone tell me why I shouldn't use the GSR harness? Simply stating "use the civic harness" doesn't help much...no offense intended since I do appreciate the feedback....
[post=506239]Quoted post[/post]​

Just Use The GSR harness and use the link that Pissedoffsol posted..It has a lot of info...READ!

Originally posted by Estorvito@Jun 1 2005, 04:02 PM
[post=506239]Quoted post[/post]​

Just Use The GSR harness and use the link that Pissedoffsol posted..It has a lot of info...READ!
[post=506291]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks your "explanation" has been a big HELP!

Back