97 Civic LX Warning Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef9civicgen4

theres a girl at my work and she has a 97 Civic LX ,and i was telling her about how i have a check engine light, and she said that theres a warning light on the dash that has changed from yellow to red.

So what exactly can cause a warning light to come on and how can it be fixed?

ah, there could be 0348120934809234092 reasons why it turned on. Find out the codes, then go from there. And why is this a brake, wheel, suspension issue? If your talking about the brake warning light, on some cars, the switch in colors means that one color is talking about the normal brake stuff, the other color represnets an error in the ABS system.

sorry about the wrong forum, i started this thread while still reading another. so how do i check the code? take it to honda and have them plug it in, or is there an easier way, like the LED on the ECU?

you can jump the ECU, there is an article about it. Or just take it to autozone and they have a free scan service. They also sell scan tools, and with OBD2, you can use the same scan tool on any car from any manufactor that is obd2 because that is when manufactors made a standard plug.

u sure its not the maintenance required thingy below the speedometer, it appears to be lit up...nevertheless, if it is not reset every 4000 miles or so, recommended after each oil change, it begins to change colors to remind u to change ur oil, i think thats what she is talking about. starts at green, then goes to yellow and then red.

Originally posted by xkwzt21@Mar 18 2004, 10:02 PM
u sure its not the maintenance required thingy below the speedometer, it appears to be lit up...nevertheless, if it is not reset every 4000 miles or so, recommended after each oil change, it begins to change colors to remind u to change ur oil, i think thats what she is talking about. starts at green, then goes to yellow and then red.

does it automatically reset its self or do we have to take it to a dealership or is it something i can reset it.

dayum, been awhile since i got back to this, hopefully u got everything taken care of...just in case though, u can reset it yourself. there should be an opening near it that u put ur key in (it wont go very far, like 1-2mm at the most) which will reset the red to goto green. its the only spot on the cluster that is not covered by the clear plastic covering.

Back