97 civic manual to auto swap? not a typo EJ

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fiznowler

I have a 97ex coupe automatic that i daily drove forever. I know the motor and transmission are very reliable. I was rearended and the car basically totalled. I found a clean shell for a very good price and picked it up. I am putting the 2 together and plan on selling when I am done. I have found a ton of writeups on auto to manual conversions but none the other way. If I had all the parts available I would just keep it manual but I am planning on selling when done so I don't want to put any money into it if i have all the auto parts. I know the engine wire harness is different but my question is on the interior. Both cars are 97ex coupes, wrecked auto with good motor/auto tranny, and a manual shell with no motor or tranny.

To swap the auto cluster into the manual car what needs to be done?

Is the harness for the automatic shifter part of the interior wire harness or is it part of the underhood harness?

Would I be better off to swap all the wiring and the ecu?

Does anyone have a good wiring diagram on both cars?

Has anyone else ever done this? Like I said if I were keeping the car I would buy the tranny, the manifiold, the starter and other small things but I am just selling to make money back and I don't have alot to put into it.

hum you could try just swaping every thing out of the auto to the manual shell i mean like the dash wire harness guage cluster shifter and motor and trans, or you could sell or trade your auto trans to a 5 speed trans just an option find some one local that dont no much about honda cars and tell them that the auto trans it way better lmao just kidding. but i would suggest trying to keep the car manual cause a lot of 16 year old looking for a civic want a 5 speed.

I have a 97ex coupe automatic that i daily drove forever. I know the motor and transmission are very reliable. I was rearended and the car basically totalled. I found a clean shell for a very good price and picked it up. I am putting the 2 together and plan on selling when I am done. I have found a ton of writeups on auto to manual conversions but none the other way. If I had all the parts available I would just keep it manual but I am planning on selling when done so I don't want to put any money into it if i have all the auto parts. I know the engine wire harness is different but my question is on the interior. Both cars are 97ex coupes, wrecked auto with good motor/auto tranny, and a manual shell with no motor or tranny.

To swap the auto cluster into the manual car what needs to be done?

Is the harness for the automatic shifter part of the interior wire harness or is it part of the underhood harness?

Would I be better off to swap all the wiring and the ecu?

Does anyone have a good wiring diagram on both cars?

Has anyone else ever done this? Like I said if I were keeping the car I would buy the tranny, the manifiold, the starter and other small things but I am just selling to make money back and I don't have alot to put into it.

FYI the automatic wire harness snakes all the way through the car. That is what i was wanting to know. It would be a nightmare to swap a manual car to auto. I took easy route and bought a manual transmission like i should have in the first place.:D

Back