98 B18c5 into EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mister EG

Hey,
I have a 93 hatch and i am getting ready to drop in my 98 Type-R engine with a B16 Tranny. I have a few questions and if anyone can help i would appreicate it alot because i am very confused. I don't know what mounts i need??? If someone can give me the CORRECT list i would be very thankful. I am trying to find an OBD-1 Gsr ECU because i cant think of anything else that would work right but that ECU. Thanx alot
Steve

s404ccc4f09c70.jpg

or get the hasport mount kit :thumbsup:

im running my ITR swap in my 93 sol with a chipped P28... but if you dont specificly get the ITR fuel maps (ie: you get any skunk2 or mugen programs) you will run rich as fuck and will definatly want/need to run at least a VAFC to tune down the fuel maps etc

:werd:, you can run the car with only three mounts, elminating the bottom two, but if you plan to have AC the lower right one in the pic is needed,

run ITR base maps.......don't bother with the runnin rich burnt chips that a lot of peeps run.

Spend some extra cash and get the HAport mounts.

If you are running the stock mounts, you want to run all of them.

well, not to go against with anything you said b16vx, but I ran three mounts for a while - although I did have my upper motor mount bust on me, but once replaced it ran fine, another thing you might want to consider if using oem mounts is to make your own motor mount inserts to stiffen it up.

www.homemadeturbo.com --> has an article on how to do it yourself, cost effective also.

I know, I ran fine with three also for a while, but as soon as I added the torque mounts, it just felt like it had more confidence, and more sturdy. I drive on the autobahn, and living over here has made me more of a "it has to be right" guy.

The autobahn can be really fun, but at the same time, it really grinds into you how slow Hondas really are :(. I need a slightly long 5th and a 1.8 to push it, then everything will be ok.

Back