A Poll On Forced Induction Or N/A

How should I get my car the air it needs to have 300+Hp

• 2. Turbo Charge it (which brand)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Supercharge it (which bra

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

I just want to know what the easiest way to get 300+Hp on a 90 Integra LS 4 Door with a B18A1 which if I do decide to force induce my car i will upgrade to a B20 with a reworked head and build bottom end etc. Thanks for you help

300+hp without forced induction is hard to achieve. The only way I think you will achieve that kind of power without forced induction is with nitrous oxide.

Peace*

I don't think you can hit 300 hp (and I hope you're talking power at the flywheel) on a B-series and still have it streetable. It's tough to do with an H-series. Even boring the H22 out to 2.5L might not do it. Calesta, the all-knowing CR/VTEC guru) may have some insight here.

Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Mar 6 2003, 09:25 AM
300+hp without forced induction is hard to achieve. The only way I think you will achieve that kind of power without forced induction is with nitrous oxide.

Peace*

-N2O is still considered F/I.

A turbo with be a good option for your particular project depending on exactly what you're going to be using the car for.
If this is going to be a daily driver and you're considering the fuel consumption, go with a supercharger cuz it has a bypass valve that allows the car to be driven like a n/a car under regular accelaration. the boost doesn't kick in until you mash on the gas pedal.
Having said all that I still say you should get a turbo and set the boost to like 16 pounds and live happily passing everyone on the streets.

I voted all motor, but I didn't see that you wanted 300hp out of it. So I'd say turbo definately, since that's the only option you have. n/a will take way to much money to get it up to 300. s/c? I don't know of a super charger that can make enough hp. So turbo it, and majorly build it, it'll be tough though to get to 300whp and stay street legal.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 6 2003, 01:43 PM

-N2O is still considered F/I.

A turbo with be a good option for your particular project depending on exactly what you're going to be using the car for.
If this is going to be a daily driver and you're considering the fuel consumption, go with a supercharger cuz it has a bypass valve that allows the car to be driven like a n/a car under regular accelaration. the boost doesn't kick in until you mash on the gas pedal.
Having said all that I still say you should get a turbo and set the boost to like 16 pounds and live happily passing everyone on the streets.

ummm no its not... it is not considered F/I

check the NHRA handbook or any other hand book... it is not considered F/I... its only considered a single power adder, no matter how many stage of nitrous you decide to run...

to answer the main question, i would stick with turbo... to get a N/A car to reach 300whp is very hard... Ericks Racing barely did it with his "new set up..."

stick with turbocharging the car, a company i will always back is Rev Hard so if you want check'm out

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Mar 6 2003, 02:20 PM
I voted all motor, but I didn't see that you wanted 300hp out of it. So I'd say turbo definately, since that's the only option you have. n/a will take way to much money to get it up to 300. s/c? I don't know of a super charger that can make enough hp. So turbo it, and majorly build it, it'll be tough though to get to 300whp and stay street legal.

Dr Charles Madrid was able to pull out 45? HP out of a b18 powered civic hatchback that ran 10's in the quarter mile.... it is still the fastest supercharged import... and this is from 2 years ago i believe??

if you havent heard of dr charles then think of endyn, he was one of the first people to back up endyn and their claims

Nah, I know of Dr. C. He was the first one to put the K20 into a 6th gen I believe right, or it was just into the other 7th gen's. In any case he was the first to swap a K Series into another chassis. But I haven't ever researched SC's so your more than likely right. But turbo will beat sc hands down. coin for coin of course.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Mar 6 2003, 02:39 PM
Nah, I know of Dr. C. He was the first one to put the K20 into a 6th gen I believe right, or it was just into the other 7th gen's. In any case he was the first to swap a K Series into another chassis. But I haven't ever researched SC's so your more than likely right. But turbo will beat sc hands down. coin for coin of course.

oh i agree, i prefer turbo over SC anyday... but as for the k series swap, im not too sure about that cause Charles has been missing for quite sometime... last time i talked to him was like a year and a half ago... after that he disappeared outta nowhere...

no one in the scene [out of the people i know] have been able to contact him or anything... im pretty sure he is working on something but no one seems to know... it MIGHT have been him to do the k series swap but i honestly dont know B)

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Mar 6 2003, 11:20 AM

lol, so did I, I voted all motor then saw you wanted 300hp... :p

Hmm, that's fooken weird. Maybe some sick twisted ricer has kidnapped him and is forcing him to put a K20 into his 4th gen wagon convertible Type-R? I don't remember the link cause first I heard of it was like a year ago. But it's somewhere among the 10 billion web pages on the internet.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Mar 6 2003, 02:20 PM

:withstupid:

Originally posted by TRuggiero_@Mar 6 2003, 01:39 PM
or it was just into the other 7th gen's

That would be Jeff at Import Builders, on my friend's 2001 Civic EX Coupe.

Back