About Ecu Swap . Need Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecaybek

i have a 98 model Honda Civic 1.6vti it has B16A2 with P2t Ecu. Ýt is Euro spec b16A2. i know the engine internals are same but maybe some diffrences on sensor

i have a friend that he took a p28 USDM spec ECU . His ecu dont works. He find the preblem. The problem is in the USDM ecu and JDM ecu s has different CKPP and CKPM sensor. so it isnt work.
Now my friend buys a P30 Euro spec del sol vti ecu. And he sent his Ecu to USA to chipping. The person who is in USA that he makes the chipping , he says that in this P30 ECU has no barometric pressure sensor. in the USDM ecus has a barometric pressure sensor and so in USDM ecu chip program , the ecu looks for a pressure sensor. But in his Euro P30 ECU he cant install the USDM chip program. Hemust use a Euro chip program on it. The person in the USA says that i can use the euro spec chip program and i can integrate the mugen,skunk2 and jun feul ignition mapping and etc .into this euro spec chip program.

Now i'm going to get a JDM p28 ECU to my Euro spec car. And they will install the JDM chip programs to this ECU. is this ECu works on my car ? and if not what can i do ?

Originally posted by vtecaybek@May 23 2003, 08:52 AM
i have a 98 model Honda Civic 1.6vti it has B16A2 with P2t Ecu. Ýt is Euro spec b16A2. i know the engine internals are same but maybe some diffrences on sensor

i have a friend that he took a p28 USDM spec ECU . His ecu dont works. He find the preblem. The problem is in the USDM ecu and JDM ecu s has different CKPP and CKPM sensor. so it isnt work.
Now my friend buys a P30 Euro spec del sol vti ecu. And he sent his Ecu to USA to chipping. The person who is in USA that he makes the chipping , he says that in this P30 ECU has no barometric pressure sensor. in the USDM ecus has a barometric pressure sensor and so in USDM ecu chip program , the ecu looks for a pressure sensor. But in his Euro P30 ECU he cant install the USDM chip program. Hemust use a Euro chip program on it. The person in the USA says that i can use the euro spec chip program and i can integrate the mugen,skunk2 and jun feul ignition mapping and etc .into this euro spec chip program.

Now i'm going to get a JDM p28 ECU to my Euro spec car. And they will install the JDM chip programs to this ECU. is this ECu works on my car ? and if not what can i do ?

First off, all the ECU's use the same sensor.

The USDM P28 would work fine, IF programmed properly.

I know, I sell them all the time to people in Europe.

True, the EDM (European) P30 does not have a Baro sensor, and thus he needs a EDM/JDM program. Grafting is no problem, as long as it gets checked after the install.

Lastly- JDM P28 ecu's are HARD to find. If you want a low cost alternative, get the P08 automatic ecu, and have it converted to DOHC specs.

Firstly thanks for your reply.
i understand that if usdm ecu programmed fine it would works. But i know that USDM engines has 2 more sensors then EDM/JDM engine am i wright ? my friend says that this sensors are CKPP and CKPM. i'm confused about this. maybe my friends ecu dont programmed well. But i'm afraid if my ecu dont works well on my car.
i know that my own p2t ecu has baro sensor. But this sensor is in the ecu . only in EDM p30 has no baro sensor thats ok.
Ýs EDM and JDM ecus are or are these ecu interchangable ?
i find JDM p28 from a friend of mine from singapore. He is going to modify it to DOHC vtec specs. Thats ok. But i'm confused about these 2 sensor again CKPP and CKPM. and i'm confued about the wiring diagrams on my EDM chasis to JDM ecu harness. Are there any differences on these wiring diagrams( Are EDM/JDM ecu buyer to their EDM cars can use USDM harness convertor.) i ask this because maybe i'm going to check again my wiring harness. Do you know any web address that i can see the correct wiring diagrams to check harness again ?
Thank you

Back