Aem Ems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keehnel1414

I was wondering if you guys know anything about the aem ems. I have heard that it is an excellent system and the it is good for turbo and everything. Sema said that it is the best standalone ecu out there on the market today. I looked at the website aempower.com and the had some info but not alot. I was just wondering if someone knows of a site that explains it in detail or if you could explain it to me here on the forum. I pretty much want to know everything about. And also how much does it cost?

Thanks for the help :worthy:

i looked at it long and hard.
hondata is all you need for a street/strip car.

motormatrix.com dynoed 587 in their b18c/R street car, and 660-something in their h22 race car, all running hondata.

aem is harder to use, and at the same time, has a shit load more features than hondata- most of which are useless to a normal user -

on top of all that, NOTHING will start and idel your car like a honda ecu.

so yeah, hondata is the way to go. cheaper, easier to tune/explore, and offers all the features you will ever need

I won't be able to tune it my self though? The main reason i need an engine mangement system is because i want to run turbo

im looking into a ems myself price is around 11-$1500
i think its worth it.
especialy if u got a obd2 vechile
(skunk 2 obd2-1 jumper $150)
p28 $150
hondata w/boost $650
installation 3hrX60 $180

u can have a ems and top it off u add nitrous (hondata only has one stage datalogging) u can t run turbo and nitrous unless u add piggy backs

i look into unichip and here s what they said

Hello, this is Miles, Steve's partner. I am the sales rep. O.k. to tune your Honda, you will be looking at $595 for the UNICHIP, $145 nitrious driver, $400 for dyno time (for 2 maps, 1 with pump gas, and 2 for race gas), 3 hours install ($45 x 3 hours = $135), and $95 for tax. TOTAL is $1370 out the door.

Fuck that!!!!!!!!!!!!! exuse my language, but that is bs. I will just get the apexi avc-r with a boost controler some 450cc injectors and a new fuel pump and regulator and i will be set for like 700.

The avc-r is alot easier to tune and you don't need a computer and it shows real time engine stats. Plus i can change the maps anytime i need to.

avcr = boost, not a management control.

boosting is NOT cheap. anyone who says it is will probably blow up

it is managment control!!!!!! It adjust the fuel to how much boost you have.

Originally posted by keehnel1414@Apr 9 2003, 08:57 PM
it is managment control!!!!!! It adjust the fuel to how much boost you have.

no, not at all.

it controls boosted based on speed, rpm, and so forth. it has NOTHING, and i repeat, NOTHING to do with fuel.

http://apexi-usa.com/electronics_savcr.asp

SUPER AVC TYPE-R
Advanced electronic boost controller
Highly flexible boost control with revolutionary new functions; Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD).
The Super AVC-R is the premium closed-loop electronic boost controller on the market. The AVC-R allows flexible control over virtually every aspect of boost control and adds new innovative functions such as injector pulse monitoring and gear specific boost control. Some key functions include: RPM-based boost and solenoid duty cycle control, scramble boost, self learning mode, 2D ghost map trace mode, analog display mode, real time replay and peak hold data modes. The AVC-R utilizes an ultra-fast microprocessor and a high quality solenoid valve to control boost. The result is ultra-fast response and accurate, stable boost control. Due to the complexity of this product, A'PEX recommends having the AVC-R and other A'PEX electronics installed and tuned by authorized A'PEX Power Excel Shops.

see fuel in there anywhere?????

the only feature of it even REMOTELY related to fuel, is that it shows injector duty cycle- but it does NOT control them

I'm not trying to be rude, but you don't know jack shit about turbos dude... you've been askign a bunch of questions, and thats cool. but to be set in your ways beleiving what you want even AFTER you have been told otherwise, is jsut waste of my time to post, and your car's, because its going to blow up.
take the info I give, and others give, as you wish, but don't ask for it, and then ignore it and say a product or something is soemthing other than it is.

and im moving this to the boost forum... i think it belongs in there more than here :p

When I asked about the AEM EMS, my shop told me to not even bother wasting my money, they also told that to my friend with a 1000+whp supra. Go with hondata, or haltech.

Back