After market parts on a crx with engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goCRXgo

I've never owned a CR with a swap before, and I was wondering, when looking for after market parts, what do I search by? CRX or GSR? I dont want shit that wont fit my car, but if it wont bolt to a B18 exhaust...then im fucked. I'm not the most familiar with different hondas, so I was unsure about this. Figured you guys know all so tada I need your help. Thanks.

Header, buy for the motor
Exhaust, buy for the chassis
Intake, buy for the motor unless full CAI, buy the AEM Hybrid one
Any other engine mods, buy for the engine type
Any suspension/chassis mods, buy for the chassis

Thanks guys, thats about what I had figured, but I needed confirmation. Thanks again.

A short ram or cai for a 88-91 crx si will work beautifully.

I think you'll need to stay away from 4-1 headers. I've never had to deal with it myself, but I hear you need to steer clear of them. Stick to 4-2-1.

it depends on wht mounting kit he got......
BTW hasport has a special header for swaped crx....and its a 4-2-1

well teh factory b16 header is a 4-2-1, so the only reason to get the hasport one would be for bling factor. I'm sure they tuned the exhaust pretty well when they made 100hp/L

Originally posted by B16CRX@Sep 8 2005, 07:03 PM
well teh factory b16 header is a 4-2-1, so the only reason to get the hasport one would be for bling factor.
[post=551638]Quoted post[/post]​

WRONG!!!!...HaSport is not going to make a header just for the bling factor. If you look closely at the HaSport header, it has the spots for both o2's in the correct spots. the pr3 and Pw0 ecu's read the o2 sensors in cylinder pairs. meaning 1 o2 reads for cylinders 1 and 4, and the other o2 reads for cylinders 2 and 3.

if you need more in on how the o2's work read it here...

http://hondata.com/techclosed.html

Back