Air/fuel Guage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drenni

I'm trying to install a air/fuel guage in my car and I followed all the instructions and it does'nt work. Is the air sensor in the car not working or how do I know if it is. I conneced it and it goes on and off like crazy. Has anyone had the same problems...
:spin:
If anyone could give an opinion

I'm installing the A/F guage into LX civic 90, I'm coverting the car into a ZC. But I wanted to install the gauge before the swap. I did check the power and it's not that but thanks anyways guys. :D

If anyone knows or has any other ideas please :(

Originally posted by Drenni@Apr 6 2003, 04:17 PM
Is the air sensor in the car not working or how do I know if it is. I conneced it and it goes on and off like crazy. Has anyone had the same problems...
:spin:
If anyone could give an opinion

what do you mean by goes off crazy, are you using an autometer gage (one with the LED's )
if so you've prolly connected it correctly. you've got to remember how a 02 sensor works. It changes it's voltage rapidily from 0-1V a single LED will almost never been lit by itself. the display will always jump around. an air/fuel ratio meter like this type is really only good for telling you whether you're running rich/stoichometric/lean that's it, it will never give you an exact number.

for example when you start your car the meter is pegged high , the very last rich led is lit up, and as the car warms up it drops the to the next etc... then at an idel you've probably noticed the display goes back and forth between lean and rich and keeps oscillating. under hard acceleration a few of the rich led's are lit up and while deccelerating a few lean or nothing at all will light up this is completeley normal operation of the gage.

After it's conected the gauge won't light up I know it's conected the correct way and I know that it's actually supossed to move from side to side saying if it's rich or lean (it's autometer with all the lights) I thought maybe the sensor was not working I mean the Oxygen sensor the goes to the header.

Thanks guys

mine doesn't work worth shit. if it isnt lighting up and you Are 100% SURE its wired properly.. then i'd try a new O2 sensor

you must wait for it to warm up with a one wire o2 sensor. they are not heated like the 4 wire or 3 wire ones. start your can and let it come to running temperature and if it still reads nothing and youre sure everything is hooked up okay, replace the sensor and/or the guage.

let her warm up, werd, if it still doesn't work check the GROUND wire. power is useless with no ground

I made it work it's that dam O2 sensor but thanks guys for all thr info, it help out great believe me :D .

Back