Airjockie + HVAC=????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Well...the house came with like an 50-70 year old furnace...and it stinks...it works only a little...and it's sucking up too much in oil to be efficiant....$400 for only 22 days of heat is not going to be easy on my wallet....

The oil-leaking, smelly, POS boiler/furnace...

ahy.jpg

ahz.jpg

The huge 275 gallon oil tank that is sucking up valuable space in my basement...

aia.jpg

aib.jpg

The pipes and crap I have to re-locate and plumb...

aic.jpg

And went shopping....$1500+ in moneyies for the thing and parts..and I hope it's good enough to do it's job......125K BTUs...to heat up the water in the house's radiators...

aid.jpg

aie.jpg

aif.jpg

and just some other bullshit pictures....of the basement under construction...

aig.jpg

aih.jpg

aii.jpg

aij.jpg

aik.jpg

ail.jpg

aim.jpg

ain.jpg

Ohh...and I'd like to thank Celerity for coming up to help unload it from the truck last night...to bad he showed up right when I was finished with the unloading of the furnace, 2 2X10X12, 2 2X4X12, 9 sheets of plywood sheathing and 7 sheets of sheetrock drywall.....his heart was in the right spot....hehe...my back is super sore...but I had to get the truck back to Lowes before they closed...and time wasn't on my hands...

Ohh...that wall around the computer looked nothing like it does now....and the rest of the basement will end up that way..it will prolly take me another 15 bags of mortar cement... :) and a lot of days to do it.....it looks like a mess now...but the finished product will deffinately increase the house's equity... :p

Last edited:
The battle so far was getting it home...... :angry:

Today I'll work on connecting it up to the gas, then tommorow is the water battle...

the hook up the electrics..and hopefully have clean, safe, oderless heat..... :)

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jan 18 2005, 09:58 AM
The battle so far was getting it home...... :angry:

Today I'll work on connecting it up to the gas, then tommorow is the water battle...

the hook up the electrics..and hopefully have clean, safe, oderless heat..... :)
[post=447346]Quoted post[/post]​

good luck :)

good luck clayton.

too bad you didnt have pics of what it looked like before you tore down that little wall. looks TONS more roomier now! the white definately gives the room the look of more space.

im thinking of stopping by sunday.

hey man, i just got your message... i was at my pool league when you called... sorry man. you gotta give me more notice on these things when you need my help... im a busy dude

you'll be so much happier with the new system, and so will the wallet. looks like you finally won the battle with the old furnace...

:werd:

that was prolly the best investment you could have made at this point in your battle with that old l piece of junk boiler

good luck with it y0, my parents are loving the coal stove I put in for them last week

They didnt say anything about the furnace when you moved in? What about the inspection?

If you were closer, i have a buddy who does heating, and does inspections/basic fixes for beer... We close on Feb 15th on our house... Our furnace was recently serviced... :)

is it possible for you to get a natural gas furnace? we have one, lasted about 14 years and has only had to be repaired once.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jan 20 2005, 10:06 PM
They didnt say anything about the furnace when you moved in? What about the inspection?

If you were closer, i have a buddy who does heating, and does inspections/basic fixes for beer... We close on Feb 15th on our house... Our furnace was recently serviced... :)
[post=448914]Quoted post[/post]​

The inspection only showed that the furnace needed cleaned....and I had thee sellers clean and service the furnace before I moved in...they just didn't do a good enough job...

Ohhh well...the furnace is histor...its now a gas furnace...and I had to miss work last night to finish the install....

The enw one is plumbed in and it works....heatss the house up just fine...and is super quite.

Just one problem.....

It leaks on the pipes that I installed..... :(

So I got to live with the driips for a while, or untill it's a nice warm day, and drain the system, and redo the pipes...I guess they needed to be Super-super-super tight...and I only got them super tight...

and noah...I got the beer if they feel like coming down to help get it up to code....

But all in all...I'm happy...

we got heat now, and I don't have to depend on the damn OIL guy for it....plus its quiter, safer, no smell at all, and I saved about $2-3000 on it.....all of this project was done under $2000...hehe... :)

Back