alarms for everyone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civ96

Hey check this out, this web site gives the top 25 stolen cars and our babies are at the top of the list. We need to protect them. Simple steps can be taken, step one grab your gun, and blanket and head to the civic to sleep. Nono a couple things you can do are install an alarm with a starter kill cover up your vin# with a bussiness card of some sort, shave any tell tail emblems off the car like the sir or si badge also makes a sleeper...just some thoughts. Heres the site www.icbc.com go to auto crimes and fraud then on the right side of the screen is a link to the top 25 stolen cars.. sorry for the bad news guys...

putting a business card over a vin number keeps your card from getting stolen HOW?

i'm a car thief:

"holy shit tom, he's got a business card over his vin number! we can't fuck with this guy! let's go hit up that Porsche down the street!"

Originally posted by civ96@Mar 16 2004, 02:19 PM
Hey check this out, this web site gives the top 25 stolen cars and our babies are at the top of the list. We need to protect them. Simple steps can be taken, step one grab your gun, and blanket and head to the civic to sleep. Nono a couple things you can do are install an alarm with a starter kill cover up your vin# with a bussiness card of some sort, shave any tell tail emblems off the car like the sir or si badge also makes a sleeper...just some thoughts. Heres the site www.icbc.com go to auto crimes and fraud then on the right side of the screen is a link to the top 25 stolen cars.. sorry for the bad news guys...

:wtf:

It's just now hitting you that 2000 Civics and other year Accords are among the top three stolen cars in the US? :hmm:

Why would putting a business card over your vin be any help? Thieves don't go check VINs before they rip off the car, they rip off the car and then gather exactly what it is year/make/model.

I'm not going to shave all my emblems, because thieves with brains (some do have them) will know what the fuck the car is without it...

"hmm...it doesn't say Si but those sure are pretty Si rims and a nice 8000 rpm redline there on the tach and all...I guess this is an HX, leave it..."

Thanks for the warning...my security device will be a full on armor protector as seen in batman!!! That'd rock.

the reason for the card over the vin is because the people you have to be afraid of are people that work or know some one that works for honda and can get the exact key made and get it programed if you have a transponder. makes sence eh...... sounds weird but works if they want your car bad enough they will just load it on a flat bed but lets make it hard for them if some one had a key made for your car it would take 10sec to be in and gone. with a key even if you have an alarm key opens the door, pop the hood cut siren wire- drive away might take 30sec with two people........ i'm just tryin to help guys not fight.....thanks for the feed back though..

funny all they need is varification from the dealer. Therefore you know some one at the dealer they say its ok you showed proof of ownership and its good to go. i got a key for my sister she owns a 04 si it has a transponder system she lives 6 hours away from me she emailed me the vin i gave it to my buddy that works at the honda dealer near us and two days later i had a key in my hand its not hard most shops can cut them right in house as well as program the transponder chips. Money talks for a sir key or ITR key a few hundred is not much to pay. When you consider how much thay can make off the car...Once again not tryin to fight just stating the truth.. it happens every day..

a glock 17 isnt going to help you when your sleeping at home or something and someone hops in your car and steals it. if someone trys stealing my car and I see them, they are gonna get fucked the hell up then Ill call the cops on their ass. Ill beat their ass with a lug wrench...

can I wire a starter kill switch my self(ex. hidden toggle switch)? I have an alarm, but its old and dosent have a starter kill.

no a glock 17 might not prevent the steal....but itll sure make the theifs holy...and change their mind next time they steal....
and yea u can have a kill switch for the starter....only problem with that tho.....if u live in a region with changing weather....i have noticed that in extreme cold weather my car does start bad....and now that I have removed the switch the car starts alot smoother

i mostly need it in the summer, I live in a tourist area(near atlantic city NJ) so when the summer hits the people from philly come here. do u know where I can get a wiring diagram or pictures or how to do it? during the winter when it gets cold I could take it out(no more people around really)

My car got hit a week ago. They broke the screwdriver off in the ignition, and screwed themselves! hahaha! I was thinking of wiring a toggle to my clutch switch. Bitch tries to start it, car thinks its in gear, wont turn over. Sound like a plan? If so, someone tell me where it is! I know its there. BTW, its an 88 crx si. thanks

Back