Am I over reacting?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was out at 18. 4 years of college. I did overreact a little. Most of the time it's cool, most of the time the respect is there.

As for moving out... Yes I have a job. But I hate it and I'm transitioning to another. Plus I have debt I would like to pay off before I move out. I'm probably here for at least 2 more months. Could be sooner though. Joe has a settlement coming to him in late January and it will most likely be a down payment on a house. If all goes to plan, I'll be moving with him.

However, if my older sister moves out before then I get her room. My own room would solve a lot of the issues. Plus I could stay here and save. That's exactly why she is still here. But she has banked some dough and has been looking to put a down payment on something.

And I will like to point out that my parents have given me and my siblings more than what was required of them. I appreciate this to the max. I have no problem helping out or just doing something I see needs to be done. I just don't like when other people are sitting on their ass while I do it. Guess I'm in the wrong country for that though.

And I've been told and I see it that a lot of my irritability lately come from my erratic hours at work. And all the dicking my over they do. Like yesterday was my day off. I had plans to go snowboarding. I get a call that I have to come in at 5pm to fill out important paperwork because that's when one of the important higher ups will be there. I explain the situation that it's my day off and I already have plans. Could I come in in the morning or something, blah, blah, blah. I get the, "Yea well too bad" response. I was fuming all day yesterday.

Basically I have 2 or 3 issues that once resolved will make me a much happier person. Not to mention regular work hours will give me back my life.

I now own my own house. around 2000 sqft, huge garage.

It's highly overrated.

Well, you don't have to blow up at people, but taking it lying face down isn't really what I would do either. If people are blatantly putting themselves in the way to play Wii, tell them they can wait. As long as you communicate your views to them in an intelligent manner, it should be fine.

I went snowboarding today after work. Just a few hours on the board did me a world of good.

i feel your pain, except i dont have to deal with all my siblings like that anymore.
if someone says theyre going to do something and then dont, that pisses me off more than if they didnt say anything and i had to deal with it.
i could care less, but the fact that someone promised something and didnt follow through is annoying.

I have a similar dynamic with my younger sisters. They are 11, 13, and 15... and my pops is so blindly obedient to them that they can get away with fucking murder. It pisses me off when I see them doing the shit they do. For example, we went to the mall one day around Christmas, and the two older ones stood around choosing fancy lookin underwear for like, what an hour? Well the point is, I made the comment "So, are you two gonna finish up any time soon?" and my Gramps tripped the fuck out.

OH btw, they have the same pull over my granddad as well.

I dont get it man, they're so disrespectful to me, and everyone... yet they get the whole cookie and I'm left with the residue.

I have a similar dynamic with my younger sisters. They are 11, 13, and 15... and my pops is so blindly obedient to them that they can get away with fucking murder. It pisses me off when I see them doing the shit they do. For example, we went to the mall one day around Christmas, and the two older ones stood around choosing fancy lookin underwear for like, what an hour? Well the point is, I made the comment "So, are you two gonna finish up any time soon?" and my Gramps tripped the fuck out.

OH btw, they have the same pull over my granddad as well.

I dont get it man, they're so disrespectful to me, and everyone... yet they get the whole cookie and I'm left with the residue.

XX chromosomes bro.

your first mistake was going shopping with females.

x2

Last time I went shopping with an XX was probably my ex. And that was at least 2+ years ago. I don't really shop much in general though.

We are men, we dont shop. We usually know what we want and where it is before we go out the door. No messing around, no looking, all business. Unless ofcourse it has to do with cars or other cool things.

I definitely look when it comes to some stuff like ski stuff, electronics, tools, wakeboarding stuff, golf stuff, etc.

We are men, we dont shop. We usually know what we want and where it is before we go out the door. No messing around, no looking, all business. Unless of course it has to do with cars or other cool things.
That is a BIG ****** in my book. Holy shit I probably spend more money on secondary purchases on stuff like that then the original purchase.

Regular stuff though? Not only do I know the store I'm going to get it, I usually know what area of the store it should be in. Best Buy fucked me up the other day when they re-organized. Took me 5 minutes instead of 2 to get extra Wii controllers.

Last edited:
That is a BIG ****** in my book. Holy shit I probably spend more money on secondary purchases on stuff like that then the original purchase.

Regular stuff though? Not only do I know the store I'm going to get it, I usually know what area of the store it should be in. Best Buy fucked me up the other day when they re-organized. Took me 5 minutes instead of 2 to get extra Wii controllers.

Not everyone is like me i suppose lol. I just hate waiting around for people to pick out stuff, even with clothes. It only takes me a few mins to see what i like and maybe try em on if im not sure. Clothes shopping especially, only takes me like 15 mins. Now when i was in the local paintball proshop i couldnt help but look at everything, same with with the totalJDM booth at importfest last year. Other than that its in and out.

Not everyone is like me i suppose lol. I just hate waiting around for people to pick out stuff, even with clothes. It only takes me a few mins to see what i like and maybe try em on if im not sure. Clothes shopping especially, only takes me like 15 mins. Now when i was in the local paintball proshop i couldnt help but look at everything, same with with the totalJDM booth at importfest last year. Other than that its in and out.
Nah I'm saying I'm the exact same when, except when it comes to fun stuff. Then I act like a girl in Victoria Secret.

Sorry i heard the word Canada and my ears perked, im not the most patriotic person but i love to brag :) ha ha. We are a stranger folk then some.

Back