Amazon Prime Day (+Ebay Crash Day, Walmart, etc)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
What are you shopping for? What'd you get that you didn't know you wanted? Want to share a good deal? Post it here.

I will probably spend all day shopping and flipping between Amazon and camelcamelcamel.com and actually not buy anything.

• I need a new media player for the theater room. Something that can support all the streaming platforms, my NAS storage, and some light gaming. So possibly an Xbox One or PS4 if it's a good price.
  • I'd like to get another Dyson cordless vacuum.
  • I'll also keep an eye out for stuff like GoPros and an Apple Watch, but I doubt those will be any sale worth jumping on.

They have a PS4 Pro up right now for 299 with 2 games (Spiderman and Horizon)

And another PS4 Pro for 349 with 2 other games
(God of War and Days Gone)

I bought zero things.

I almost bought some more TPLink outlets for my Kasa enabled house but I already have a spare.

I bought a backpack cooler for work because I didn't grab one at Costco a couple weeks ago. No clue if I got a prime day deal or not. Just something I needed to make my life easier.

I bought zero things.

I almost bought some more TPLink outlets for my Kasa enabled house but I already have a spare.

Not to derail the thread but a quick Google gave me the basics of this. I'm familiar with Ethernet over powerline adapters but this is new to me. Assuming it's a similar thing with more uses?

I got the Dyson v7 posted above. Should be delivered tomorrow.
My old lady has been bitching about wanting one of those for a year+ now. Figured it was a good deal.

I got the Dyson v7 posted above. Should be delivered tomorrow.
My old lady has been bitching about wanting one of those for a year+ now. Figured it was a good deal.

I bought a Dyson at Costco back when I bought my house. After using it, you'll wonder why people have any other vacuums at all.

We currently have all hardwood, and mostly use a broom and dust buster.
I'm hoping with this purchase that I won't have to use it... if you know what I'm sayin'.

Not to derail the thread but a quick Google gave me the basics of this. I'm familiar with Ethernet over powerline adapters but this is new to me. Assuming it's a similar thing with more uses?
I used to have those year ago. Worked good.

No these are smart outlets and switches. I have a few in my house. Great for turning the lights on at sunset and turning off at sunrise, etc. I use them for christmas lights, porch lights, ambient, etc. Also I put them on devices that I want to be able to turn on remotely from my phone.

We currently have all hardwood, and mostly use a broom and dust buster.
I'm hoping with this purchase that I won't have to use it... if you know what I'm sayin'.

:lmao:

It's a good multi-use vacuum. But we still use a quick dusting mop around the kitchen. I've had a hard time deciding where to mount the vacuum though. There's isn't a truly efficient place. In our laundry room, the only outlet is behind the washer and dryer.

We are currently "discussing" where to mount the thing as well.
Let me know what you come up with. Torn between convenience and not wanting to see it.
The dust buster has lived on a corner table in the living room, out of the way, easily accessible for the last 9 years? But apparently everything changes now.

Let me know what you come up with. Torn between convenience and not wanting to see it.
The dust buster has lived on a corner table in the living room, out of the way, easily accessible for the last 9 years? But apparently everything changes now.

I have my cordless vacuum mounted in the garage. I have an outlet that my sprinklers run off of that worked great. I also have a rack that holds the other interior cleaning items like broom, bona, etc. All within arms reach of the door.

Reactions: B16
I'm still leaning on laundry room. We have a glass shower stall in the downstairs bathroom that we don't use. We put a fabric shower curtain on it and store our brooms and mops in there. Unfortunately (fortunately?) there isn't an outlet near/in there. lol

I think I'm going to add an extension cord or additional outlet to the laundry room. The other option is the downstairs office/bedroom, but neither are ideal.

I have my cordless vacuum mounted in the garage. I have an outlet that my sprinklers run off of that worked great. I also have a rack that holds the other interior cleaning items like broom, bona, etc. All within arms reach of the door.

I would have done the garage if I didn't turn it into a gym. It's not convenient and the power outlets are either concealed or in use.

Back