Another CRX dirt track racecar...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here it is with paint exhaust is also in, but have to get a pic of it when its out of the shop.

0314102049a.jpg

0314102048a.jpg

...Here it is before the paint with the stupid loud make your ears bleed exhaust

Last edited:
external roll cage ala modified class is awesome :D Some members should take this idea and install it on their wife's cars :ph34r:

heres the most recent, should have decals sometime tomorrow. waiting on a few more parts so I can get some more work done:D

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

also for those who didnt check out the link to my website heres a couple of the 92 I think eg my buddy is building(he's the one of the 3 of us that knows Hondas)...
DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

I think the spacers may partially be for the huge intake sticking out the back of the hood LMAO.

I think the spacers may partially be for the huge intake sticking out the back of the hood LMAO.

yep you nailed it...to clear the huge ass intake sticking out the hood. We are all running ls-vtec motors. should have them on the track in less than a month and I'll keep some updates coming. These oughta be bad fast if we can get em' to stick in the corners and beat the understeer famous with fwd. :D

run a thinner tire in the rear and set some more rear brake bias (even using a stronger pad in the rear) and trail brake a bit.

run a thinner tire in the rear and set some more rear brake bias (even using a stronger pad in the rear) and trail brake a bit.

I'm guessing your suggesting those to help get the rear loose for cornering right? Since I already ordered the tires and they are all the same width, I was going to try a bit higher air pressures in the rear, and take out some of the camber in the right rear. I havent done anything with the brakes yet, but was thinking an adjustable brake bias knob in the cockpit for on the fly adjustment. trail brake same as e- brake? I'll listen to any help for sure in this department, never raqn a fwd on the dirt track. Thanks for the info

big ass rear sway bar

:no:
thats just left foot braking

trail braking is the act of staying on the brakes beyond the entrance of a turn gradually releasing them as you dial in more steering, staying just under the traction limits of your tires (delicate balance... too much braking or steering and you are likely going for a ride in either the in or out field)
it allows you to brake later and hold a higher entry speed than old school conventional braking which dictates that you should finish your braking before turning, separately using the maximum traction for slowing, then turning (easier and safer)

Getfaster.com Tech Tips Trail Braking

TurnFast! • Glossary

Back