Another CRX dirt track racecar...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

here's a couple pics of the 88 hatch we are just getting to the finishing stages of....
jpeg_reencoded-1.jpg

0227101749a.jpg

0324102043a.jpg

100_7436.jpg

0326102309b.jpg

0326102129a.jpg

I love this thread. Is that another LSV?

yep another lsv...all 3 cars are running them. this one has a fresh rebuild from the crank up, 8lb flywheel, blox spec a cams arp all the way through and chipped ecu. hoosiers on the way. this should prove to be an interesting year at the track

the truck in the background is my brothers dodge rock crawler custom 4 link front and rear air shocks, rockwell axles with rear steering and rolling on 53" tires.

stay tuned the ef hatch is getting paint as I post....:D

You'll probably be the reason your track has strict rules for next season. Lol.

Somebody's gotta be first- might as well be the one that benefits from exploiting the rules a little bit, right? ;)

Somebody's gotta be first- might as well be the one that benefits from exploiting the rules a little bit, right? ;)

yep kinda...this track has never allowed fwd cars, this is the first ever. I did get to run my demo crx in a 5 lap exhibition race against my brothers ford aspire both in demo derby trim...it was fast in straight line but did not turn. so they they think that these fwd cars are gonna be a joke. I know different....there probably will be a fwd class next year, cause these rwd cars arent gonna like us...lol. So exploit away...:D

I am moving to Oregon...next door to you actually... you officially have a new best friend whether you like it or not!

Guys says: "Hey honey, come check out the new cage we built today, isnt it cool?"

Girl says: "Um, the new what? I dont see anything..."

lol...thats the daughter....shes been helping out (shes learning), my wife races a mini truck all ready....its hard to sneak race parts past her. When you moving to Oregon? look us up when you get here.:D

this is the updated pics of the 88 ef hatch my buddy is building...

0328102145a.jpg

0328102139a.jpg

0328102140a.jpg

...his hoosiers and aero wheels are ordered, he wont be running those skins in the pics. That makes all 3 cars 99% ready for racing that now starts in just under 3 weeks. If it ever quits raining around here we'll get a pic with all 3 together in the daylight. Thanks everyone for the tips and interest in this thread, I will keep updating throughout the race season with pics and vids.:D

What's the other 1% to get them race ready? Just getting them dialed in or are there still a few shiny pieces missing?

What's the other 1% to get them race ready? Just getting them dialed in or are there still a few shiny pieces missing?

yep final set-up for ride height, dampening toe settings and camber settings. I think all the shiny pieces are on, mabey a few more decals to add. they are definitly close. :D

yep kinda...this track has never allowed fwd cars, this is the first ever. I did get to run my demo crx in a 5 lap exhibition race against my brothers ford aspire both in demo derby trim...it was fast in straight line but did not turn. so they they think that these fwd cars are gonna be a joke. I know different....there probably will be a fwd class next year, cause these rwd cars arent gonna like us...lol. So exploit away...:D

:thumbsup:

Curious to hear your thoughts on toe settings for circle track... going to run off-set (ie, inside straight, outside toed in?)

since this is totally brand new to me with a fwd, Ive been doing a ton of research. I am going to start with a 1/8" toe-out, probably a tic on both sides. then run the car and feel it out. Ive heard everything from 1/8-1" toe out, I know when my rwd car went an 1" toe out felt like you were drunk driving...inputs were slow, reactions were slow and movements were jerky. I'll listen to anyones advice on this though...lol...as far as offset(stagger) I heard reverse stagger works on fwd, but Im still going to try normal stagger first 3/4" more runout on pass side front 71 1/4 lf and 72 rf.

Last edited:
supposed to run the outside straight and inside toed out..
also run the inside cambered out and the outiside cambered in..

Back