Another v-tec question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

This question is really vague, but I was just wondering at what rpm's does v-tec usually kick in where you know or feels it's working?

What car/engine? If you have mod's you can hear it cross over, usually on a dohc vtec with a short ram/CAI you are good to hear it, on a sohc vtec its a little harder to hear, but possible.

What is the point of this question?

It's an jdm h22a from a 93 lude. Mods are i/h/e and a few others, and that's my question at what rpm's can you hear it cross over?

The '99 lude that I was just driving crosses over around 5500, and as far as I know it is pretty stock other than i/h/e.

the sound will be louder with IHE; however a properly tuned engine will have a straight powerband so vtec wont kick you in your seat...youll only hear it..or notice a surge in rpm velocity

run open header and ge ton it once. you will hear it. It will make a loud pop sound and be much louder than normal.

mine is very noticable when vtec engages..its loud as hell...i'm not sure if its normal to engage at like 5800 rpm...i'm running the USDM p30 ecu obd1..i have a JDM ITR intake mani. & TB..CTR cams...DC 4-2-1 header....2 1/4 catback..is there a better ecu so vtec hits earlier/ harder?...just curious..

you need to chip your ECU becase that thing definitely aint tuned right. if you have anyone with a dyno and tuning exp, take your car to them...its needs some TLC.

Quoted post[/post]]
you need to chip your ECU becase that thing definitely aint tuned right. if you have anyone with a dyno and tuning exp, take your car to them...its needs some TLC.
if you are refering to me...my ecu is stock...i dont want to chip this ecu...i will buy a diff. ecu for chipping purposes...which one do you recommend..

the p30 is fine or a p28...you can chip either

seeing that the USDM p30 is so rare and worth a little bit of cash, i'm gonna leave it alone, someone may need it....about how much do p28 or jdm p30 cost normally...or if someone on here has one chipped already..

i'll look around on here

Back