ante up bitches

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, so, does this mean that I own 28% of GM now?

What does this bring the total GM has asked for? It has to be around 30 billion....

It's still a lot less than their net worth.

Which would be -41 billion.

Last edited:
So pretty much that have asked for about 75% of what there worth? If you need 75% of what your company is worth to stay in business it would probably be a good idea to just exit the industry. How do they ever plan on making that money back?

We gave them money to make up the negative difference, but we're making them pay it back (eventually, if they don't go under.)

Either way, the taxpayer is getting fucked, and the Execs and UAW are getting fat.

We gave them money to make up the negative difference, but we're making them pay it back (eventually, if they don't go under.)

Either way, the taxpayer is getting fucked, and the Execs and UAW are getting fat.

It isn't the Execs, they are all scared shitless right now. Its the UAW execs getting fat. The company execs are worried they are going to get fired if they blink at the wrong time.

E is spot on, if you do anything talk to friends and family and show them the road that we are going down. But do your homework first! The worst thing you can do is just repeat something you read/heard without getting the background. If we all make a ripple it will turn into a tidal wave.

let them go under. period.

funny i went to my friends shop and they were installing an audio system in a c6 vette. I have never looked closely at it and when i did i was like whoa, they are made so cheap. the panels and stuff were just cheaply put together. i dont care about vehicles like my 87 s-10 but when you pay x amount of dollars for a sports car or luxery car i expect a high level of craftsmanship with it and it seems they are not achieving that.

Last edited:
shoulda voted whi.... i mean right...

i warned you all :shrug2:

To Quote George Carlin

"You may have noticed that there's one thing I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says, "They suck". But where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. No, they come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, American businesses, and they're elected by American voters. This is the best we can do, folks. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.

....I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain", but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain.

I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created."

To Quote George Carlin

"You may have noticed that there's one thing I don't complain about: Politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says, "They suck". But where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. No, they come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, American businesses, and they're elected by American voters. This is the best we can do, folks. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out.

....I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don't vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, "If you don't vote, you have no right to complain", but where's the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain.

I, on the other hand, who did not vote -- who did not even leave the house on Election Day -- am in no way responsible for that these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created."

wow. those are some very true and strong words. I dont vote. not because i cant but because i feel the same way George CArlin does. No matter who wins there is always going to be pissed off people who think they can do better.

wow. those are some very true and strong words. I dont vote. not because i cant but because i feel the same way George CArlin does. No matter who wins there is always going to be pissed off people who think they can do better.

that guy was one smart fucker...you should listen to his stuff on Youtube

Back