Anyone else having trouble with Azureus?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
I have been trying to DL a book (or ten) online, but Azureus is being totally ghey. When it pops up a window saying it didn't close tidily, and blah blah blah. Then it says it wants to update, so I say yea sure, whatever...then it locks up, pops up some more messages, and freezes. I try to open a torrent, and nothing just a blank window with a tool bar on top.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, regeditted it to death, and it's still the same crap. Anyone know what may be the issue?

im having a problem with torrents too, but i dont even know what might be causing it.

I was fine last night, but i JUST tried to start 3 or 4 torrents and they all say cannot read from source file. I get my stuff from Torrent reactor so it might just be the tacker, but i dunno.

Thing is, it didn't give me a choice, it just did it when I tried to open a torrent :(

i've gotten all the latest updates this past week with no problems.

try pausing EVERYTHING BUT the updates. yo're probably overloading yoru b/w and it can't get out to the tracker.

as for that linux book you linked me too, mines stopped at 2% too... theres no seeder.

Yea it is, actually, I think it's ALL the linux books hahaha, like 20 of them :)

Yea, I caught a virus day before yestery day, so I just went ahead and reformatted eveything and reinstalled Windows and FC3, I am going to try again here in a day or so to reinstall it. You'd think the "Latest" version for DL would have the updates.

Not always- they could be releasing incremental updates as soon as they're done creating them before they bundle it all into a large downloadable package.... kind of like hotfixes and service packs for Winblowz.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 7 2005, 01:38 AM
Yea it is, actually, I think it's ALL the linux books hahaha, like 20 of them :)

Yea, I caught a virus day before yestery day, so I just went ahead and reformatted eveything and reinstalled Windows and FC3, I am going to try again here in a day or so to reinstall it. You'd think the "Latest" version for DL would have the updates.
[post=508897]Quoted post[/post]​

was it the trojan.alwayup virus? if so, i got the same damn one. :(

Naw, it was some internet business that DLed their antispyware, and system cleaner advertisment/software or some shit through a trojan that wanted to take over all my...everything, it kept my from DOS, all 16 bit applications so I couldn't even run regedit or MSCONFIG to shut shit down to fix it. Unfortunely I wiped the logs out when I reinstalled.

Back