Anyone up for another So Cal HS meet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No offence, but you guys are retarded. Why would Jon throw away all the money he spent on his LS head by going VTEC? (ohhhhhh VTEC :worthy: ) The 403s are going to be just as agressive as any cam he would use in a VTEC head. He also has springs and retainers so he can rev just as high with his LS head. Sure a B series head will flow better, but come on. You really think it is worth the money?

How about telling him that his cams are too agressive for his LOW ASS compression he's running? And as for fucking up the safc settings - XS Engineering spent two hours tunning both his cam gears AND his safc. Know how much power they got? THREE HORSEPOWER. Sweet. And no, his power curve does not peak, so he will net a nice little increase with 1000 more revs. Much more than the 3 hp XS got on his awesome "tunning". With no injectors, fuel pump, or anything else a chip will make him run a little rich but it wont be bad. For $20 it's the best upgrade he can make at the moment in my opinion.

And yes Jon, You drive like shit. :p

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 22 2004, 10:28 AM
No offence, but you guys are retarded. Why would Jon throw away all the money he spent on his LS head by going VTEC? (ohhhhhh VTEC :worthy: ) The 403s are going to be just as agressive as any cam he would use in a VTEC head. He also has springs and retainers so he can rev just as high with his LS head. Sure a B series head will flow better, but come on. You really think it is worth the money?

How about telling him that his cams are too agressive for his LOW ASS compression he's running? And as for fucking up the safc settings - XS Engineering spent two hours tunning both his cam gears AND his safc. Know how much power they got? THREE HORSEPOWER. Sweet. And no, his power curve does not peak, so he will net a nice little increase with 1000 more revs. Much more than the 3 hp XS got on his awesome "tunning". With no injectors, fuel pump, or anything else a chip will make him run a little rich but it wont be bad. For $20 it's the best upgrade he can make at the moment in my opinion.

And yes Jon, You drive like shit. :p
[post=393477]Quoted post[/post]​

Bitch Boy Shadney if I drive horrible I am blaming you because you taught me how to drive so basically I am blaming YOU.

Hey guys is 3hp from tuning normal or do they normally get more? I had my SAFC2 tuned for 1 hour and my cam gears for about 45minutes and all they found is 3hp is this normal or is it low for that long of tuning?

Jon, they should have got 3hp from just the cam gears. You can't just slap in super aggressive cams and get a bunch of horsepower. You may have even lost power. You most definetly need to raise your compression.

And as for everyone telling you to get a chip off ebay that just raises your rev limiter and does not adjust your air/fuel or timing - they don't exist. That would be nice though.... :) Just get that chip we talked about and you will increase your horsepower. Granted it won't be running quite as well as it is now, but overall it will be an improvement. The reason everyone tells you not to get one of those, is because XS already adjusted your MAP and fuel curve on the dyno. Adding a chip will just dump MORE fuell in there and increase your timing even more. But big deal. You can run a little rich and overtimed. :thumbsup: :unsure:

I gained 6whp from stock after 45, yes that's right 45 dyno runs at Sleeper Motorsports, I was there all day and went there with a full tank of gas after they finished I had a little under half a tank. So it's not that uncommon to not gain a whole lot with a mildly built all motor car. Your Ls was built more than my b16 was so I don't know I probably would have expected a little more.

Shadney is right though about the high compression. You may want to start looking at some higher compression pistons or maybe even get the head milled a little. The extra 1000 RPM will help you out also.

i'd look into investing in some chip burning supplys before buying some generic pos chip off of ebay. if you buy a chip burner and the shit you'd need to chip your ecu anyways... you could make your own roms with uberdata or use somebody else's rom with a similar setup which would give you a much better tune that some asshat off of ebay. you can get a burner for ~$50 but i'd reccomend the $80(?) from moates.net. check out the forums http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/ for some more info.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Sep 22 2004, 02:36 PM
i'd look into investing in some chip burning supplys before buying some generic pos chip off of ebay. if you buy a chip burner and the shit you'd need to chip your ecu anyways... you could make your own roms with uberdata or use somebody else's rom with a similar setup which would give you a much better tune that some asshat off of ebay. you can get a burner for ~$50 but i'd reccomend the $80(?) from moates.net. check out the forums http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/ for some more info.
[post=393530]Quoted post[/post]​

This was going to be my next suggestion. With LS heads being a dime a dozen, milling some would be a cheap easy way to get you where your going. With the uber data you will have complete control over the management along with your safc. I have been reading like crazy for the last year about this uberdata and would be more then willing to help you get it going in your car and get the rev limit up some. I even know a few people over here that can solder like the devil himself :p Ive had the program on my pc and kept it updated since i first found it, its cool to go and mess with every once in a while when im reading about fuel maps and what not etc. etc.. Realy its not to hard to work with, very much like hondata. You could probably find some one to tune with the hondata to on there side time. Really for an N/A setup its as good as hondata and even holds its own with turbo aps though some stuff is still being worked out in that area. And they even just added a Data logging feature.

Jeff - I am down with that maybe we can discuss this at the BBQ. I tried reading up on that Uberdata and it made no sense to me what so ever. I am in no rush to do anything right now for money is tight so hopefully when you have the BBQ we can go over some stuff. Thanks

Originally posted by integraslut78@Sep 23 2004, 01:03 PM
Jeff - I am down with that maybe we can discuss this at the BBQ. I tried reading up on that Uberdata and it made no sense to me what so ever. I am in no rush to do anything right now for money is tight so hopefully when you have the BBQ we can go over some stuff. Thanks
[post=393957]Quoted post[/post]​

So is your mom. :D

Shadney - It is nice to have you back to HondaSwap but could you go do some work for a while you are on the clock right now. Lets not talk about Moms by the way. You know I have plenty to say about Ugly The Clown.

You should accidentally on purpose send me one of those turbos Yo.

Dude, I just stumbled upon 5, count them, 5 turbos up in the second floor of my wherehouse and only me and one other guy know they are there...... :suprised:

Only problem is they are made by some company that is now defunct (rayjay or something) and they are all for small block chevys. I'm guessing T-6 at least. Maybe bigger. Still want one????????? :D

Ya know what jonathan, if ya want dude you can give me a call and i will explain the uber stuff to you. I think its your best bet. Plus if you have a lap top its even better but reguardless i think it will prove very fun/use full to you to have side from just bringing your rev limit up.

Call me after like 3 or 4 pm if ya do call. 915 833-5007

Jeff - I will give you a call tonight after I get off work around 9pm, I am interested in this Uberdata I just do not understand it.

Well, if you are sick of Riverside then send me one of your SIs..... :lol:

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 27 2004, 01:42 PM
Well, if you are sick of Riverside then send me one of your SIs..... :lol:
[post=395370]Quoted post[/post]​

What does his car have to do with anything? Mike don't send Shadney shit.

is there gonna be a meet or what? i wanna do a 'lil mini-meet at the cart track in carlsbad for any of the san diego county guys. http://www.k1speed.com/ is the site.

add your name to the list if you're down to go...

1. kylemarhx - kyle.

Back