APEXI N1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

I currently have a 92 hb with a 1.5, but plan on doing a b18c swap. I love the look of the apexi N1 exhaust and i hear if gives great hp and trq gains. my question is, is it really that loud or does it only get really loud when the Vtec kicks in?? I don't care if it is loud if i am driving the car hard ie: high rpms like above 5-6k

Yes, it is stupid loud. It's used in N1 racing, hence the name. I you put the silencer on, it's not as loud, but it's still annoying.

Originally posted by brasilianstreet@Apr 6 2004, 08:18 PM
yea its loud but reall nice sound it gives off i currently have one on my 96 civic

Is it for example screaming loud just driving around normal or just really loud when your heavy on the gas?

It's not screaming loud, but it is definitely audible and IMO it does not sound good down low. However, when you switch lobes it sounds like it going kill you. :thumbsup:

I have one on my GS-R now its not loud really when curinsg threw the grears more deep then loud, but it can get loud when Vtec engages but even then its not really high pitch or annoying. I like mine and ilive in cali so cops are some what of a problem. And it sounds like ass with the baffle.

Ps. i ran over my baffle today with the trans am, was behind the tire in the garage :D

Originally posted by UDT@Apr 6 2004, 09:12 PM
I have one on my GS-R now its not loud really when curinsg threw the grears more deep then loud, but it can get loud when Vtec engages but even then its not really high pitch or annoying. I like mine and ilive in cali so cops are some what of a problem. And it sounds like ass with the baffle.

Ps. i ran over my baffle today with the trans am, was behind the tire in the garage :D

is there any way you could get a sound clip for me? also do you have the cat back or just the muffler? i am looking at the cat back system.

I have the apex'i catback in my civic, and its loud, but it sounds nice, even with the dinky sohc 1.6, it does get a little annoying on long trips, but it sounds awesome when you're gunning it. Dohc motors make it sound a hell of a lot more aggresive though. I like it

yes its complete cat-back. Theres realyy now way for me to get a sound clip sorry.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Apr 6 2004, 07:44 PM
Yes, it is stupid loud. It's used in N1 racing, hence the name. I you put the silencer on, it's not as loud, but it's still annoying.

:werd:

Pretty much all "bullet-style" exhausts sounds similar...I have a Tanabe Racing Medallion--ugh. I need to keep the silencer in, and at times, it still sounds too loud and annoying. On top of the sound, it dosen't look like it fits, I have seen a lot of similar ones look awkward. There are better ones to buy for the price.

Originally posted by Havok+Apr 7 2004, 06:20 AM-->
dohch22a4
@Apr 6 2004, 07:44 PM

:werd:

Pretty much all "bullet-style" exhausts sounds similar...I have a Tanabe Racing Medallion--ugh. I need to keep the silencer in, and at times, it still sounds too loud and annoying. On top of the sound, it dosen't look like it fits, I have seen a lot of similar ones look awkward. There are better ones to buy for the price.

I do not agree I have the Invidia (N1 style exhaust) and it sounds nothing like the Apexi.
I have also heard the HKS (N1 style exhaust) and it is relatively quiet compared to the Apexi and the Invidia.

hey, pm me your email and I'll send you a quick soundbyte of my exhaust. I finally figured out to do that with my phone. pz

Back