Are They Hard To Install?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

i have an 89 CRX HF with 17's (if that matters) how hard is it to install coil over springs onto it, and how long does it take, like 10min per wheel or 2 hours? juss an estimate... im thinking bout getting them but im also worried about the camber... will it mess up my new tires... well thanks for your replys
TJ

Camber is only offected when you drop it alot. When you get your coilovers on, (teins, JIC or a good sleve type like Ground Control with a good shock) get it to the height you want then get them corner balanced and aligned then leave them at that height. Everytime you adjust them, your alignment will be screwed up. If you know what you are doing and you dont brake any bolts, 2-3 hours. If you have no idea what your doing and you brake a shit load of bolts, it could take you a good week.

Are getting coil overs better than lowering springs or is it better to get the springs which is better...
I was going to get coil overs for my civic 90 but was'nt sure which to get???

Use the SEARCH button. Someone just asked this last week.

Coilover install will take you about 5 hours if it is your first time and you have a Haynes manual to follow. If you're experienced, it can takes as little as 2 hours. Make sure you have access to air tools and a spring compressor. It'll make your job so much easier.

but those arent a must have cuz me and my friends lowered a friends civic in about 3 hours without air tools or a spring compressor so i would say you can do it as long as you have some help just watch the prings they shoot when you unscrew the end of the shock..lol its funny when your friend is standing on it to hold it then the spring shoots with so much torque that it tosses your friend on his ass....that happend to my friend when we lowered my car...peace

dude if ur gonna get coilovers get u some camber kits to it doesnt matter about doing a static balance..aka..corner balance..lol.......a static balance just levels out ur wheels from a substitue of about 4 ounces of weight to just the back side of the rim which is a trashy balance...it leads to excessive tire wear and choppy tread... its better to have a dynamic balance which is weight on he inside and outside of the rim which leads to better tire wear.. do it the right way man...and for the alingment u can have the person doing it just shim the rears tires and just purchase the 2 fronts it will save u about 100.00.....go LEGIT wit it bro so u can do this to em in the turns when ur ass wips around em lol :fuckyou: and buy a haynes manual from auto zone on how to take apart the supension......its alot easier with instructions lol

OK FIRST TO EVEN SAY 10 MINUTES IS A JOKE 2 HOURS SOUNDS BETTER OR MORE WELL ANYWAYS YES AIR TOOLS ARE VERY HELPFUL I PUT RACTIVE COILOVERS ON MY 90 HF WITH 16'S THEY ARE WORTH IT FUCK WEARING YOUR TIRES OUT JUST RIDE WITH IT JACKED UP THEN DROP IT LIKE A BITCH TO THE GROUND FOR THE SHOWS AND WHEN U CRUISE BUT BE CAREFUL FOR THE BIG BUMPS

Originally posted by wantstofish@Apr 12 2003, 05:13 AM
OK FIRST TO EVEN SAY 10 MINUTES IS A JOKE 2 HOURS SOUNDS BETTER OR MORE WELL ANYWAYS YES AIR TOOLS ARE VERY HELPFUL I PUT RACTIVE COILOVERS ON MY 90 HF WITH 16'S THEY ARE WORTH IT FUCK WEARING YOUR TIRES OUT JUST RIDE WITH IT JACKED UP THEN DROP IT LIKE A BITCH TO THE GROUND FOR THE SHOWS AND WHEN U CRUISE BUT BE CAREFUL FOR THE BIG BUMPS

ummmmmmm ok
first thats NOT what coilovers are for
coilovers are so you can adjust your car to optimum ride height and get it balanced for the best handling
anything ractive makes is shit
every time you fuck with the height you are killing the alignment

and one last thing

capslock.gif

Back