attachments temp broken

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Hi, attachments, gallery, and other non-post uploads are currently broken due to running out of hard drive space. I will clean this up tonight after work.

forum posts still work as the partition the db is on is on /var and it's just our home/ drive that got filled up due to a failing backup 2 nights in a row. It left all the temp files there uncompressed so there's like 100 gb of junk I need to clean, and i can't get through the firewall at work on ssh 22.

So, sorry for the prob... it will be resolved shortly.

Thanks,

your lame-duck admin.:confused:

ok this should be working again

Attachments

• PICT1437.JPG
    PICT1437.JPG
    442.1 KB · Views: 408
A little off topic, but sometimes I accidentally click the username instead of the thread link. Then when I click back, it takes me 2 pages back. It's like the navigation to their user profile didn't count as a page change or something. Is this on my end, or is it normal? I dunno, really minor annoyance.

What browser are you using? I just checked Chrome Firefox and IE and they all worked like i'd expect (except IE which instantly takes me to a profile rather than giving me a dropdown)

yeah mobile does crazy stuff. it works fine on my iphone, but maybe andriod does things differently.

It's when I click the username under the thread title like in a subforum or search results. Not the username above the avatar in the thread.

There's sooooo many versions of mobile devices and browsers that it's simply impossible to code for all of them.

I would simply suggest using a standards based browser where ever possible.

Opera mini is nice on the android. I haven't used FF for android, but i imaigne it's good too. Frankly, i just use the default browser on my SIII... never had a need for anything else.

I'm on a cyanogenmod rom, I guess safari is the default browser. I always assumed android would have some chrome variant. Like I said, its really minor.

Huh? Why would you have Safari (an Apple browser) running on a Cyanogenmod ROM (Android)? Most Android users are on Dolphin (what I use), Opera, or Firefox.

I thought it was strange too, but when I went to one of those sites that tells you your browser version and IP address, it said safari. It's what came with the cyanogenmod rom I installed.

Weird. Well, actually go into your browser and figure out what it says you are. A good number of the Android browsers let you change the identification that they send out to the web servers. I have mine set to broadcast its ID as a desktop machine so I don't get mobile web pages.

yeha, don't trust those website sniffers. the are usually wrong for anything that's not a major borwser

Back