Audi Tune tomorrow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah i am hoping to squeeze out atleast 30-40hp at the wheels and about the same tq but we shall see. I will post before and after #'s later tomorrow.

ICS is a good shop. I've spoken with them about some parts before.

Yeah they guy there was very nice and patient with all my questions, they even offerd to pick my car upand drop it off at my work!, but i had already taken the day off so ima just drive up there

Shops like that make me smile.

Dealerships like that make me think about buying a new car.

It's always good to use a place that takes such pride in their work, and is willing to back it too.

There is no custom tuning available for the Audi?

Yes it is possible to custom-tune Audis and VWs. However, it's an enormous initial outlay for the hardware and software to do it, which is why there aren't many shops that do it.

The same addage applies here "A good tune for one engine, is only a basemap for another," which is why good tunes cost so much. However, a good tuner can tune an a4 with upped boost in a couple dyno passes.

EDIT: also, the boost management systems of most newer VAG cars is electronic, and controlled by the ECU, so all you really need is a good tune to "unlock the extra ponies". This is why many foreigners believe the same is possible with Hondas.

Good tunes don't cost that much, custom tunes that is. Of course unless the intial setup is that hard.

I love EcuFlash for the EVO 8's and Subaru's Main Page - OpenECU. Allows you to custom tune the stock ECU and people have found many mods you can do to the stock ECU. I'm running electronically controlled boost via the ECU and even have map switching on my stock ECU for E85/91 octane maps.

Anyways, enough of that. Hopefully the chip makes it worth it. Get some AFR charts if you can too.

Ok here are the results...
Base run was 129/hp 158tq
Add --K&N Drop filter 134 hq/159lb tq
Add-Bosch Injectors and APR Stage 1 tune---------------------------

182.91hp 237.57tq at the wheels on Dynojet

Fucking cars pulls nice now. Definitely inpressed. George at ICS was the greatest guy. Even took me to the car wash for a free wash/vacuum and window clean.

Forget to get the A/F ratio graph :(

Back