Automatic to Manual Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grantq

So my uncle has a b18c5 sitting in the garage and he told me he would sell it to me to throw it in either a civic hatch or an integra. I’ve been wanting to put it in an integra but the automatic integras in my area are far cheaper than the manual ones. I have both the engine and the manual trans for the b18c5 (i also have the stock ecu as well from the car) so if I were to put it into an integra that was originally automatic what would i need for swapping out the engine and transmission so the car is manual? (im pretty new to working on cars so go easy one me lol)

i also want to do this on a budget and prefer not to buy a shell and tow it especially since i can part out the automatic integra and sell those parts but i definitely would like to drive the car home when i buy it so towing a shell is out of the question for me

The ecu is likely obd2, so if you get a 94/95, the ecu won't work. There's also 2 variants of obd2 (a and b) so you need to match everything if you do that. It also likely has an immobilizer on it, rendering it useless without the rest of the ignition. most folks convert to obd1 via p28+chip/map

There's an auto to manual article here:
https://hondaswap.com/threads/auto-to-manual-conversion.27054/
It's for the previous generation, but the parts list is still pretty much the same, just from the 3rd gen variant.

Frankly, if you pay yourself 20/hr, factor in parts, it's probably still cheaper to get a manual car up front.

Last edited:
The ecu is likely obd2, so if you get a 94/95, the ecu won't work. There's also 2 variants of obd2 (a and b) so you need to match everything if you do that. It also likely has an immobilizer on it, rendering it useless without the rest of the ignition. most folks convert to obd1 via p28+chip/map

There's an auto to manual article here:
https://hondaswap.com/threads/auto-to-manual-conversion.27054/
It's for the previous generation, but the parts list is still pretty much the same, just from the 3rd gen variant.

Frankly, if you pay yourself 20/hr, factor in parts, it's probably still cheaper to get a manual car up front.
thanks for your response! looks like ill be saving a little more for a manual instead

i just did that swapped 2000 DB8 GS auto to S80/B20B jdm

I'm going to tell you its easier and cheaper if you get the manual chassis, as the required work to convert the auto to manual is and isn't well documented like people missed allot of shit or add too much...

Back